Buzzing noise when recording games.

Merfesto

Hi, hope everyone is doing great.

I've had this issue for a week or so, and I can't remember changing anything on the computer that might cause this. When I'm recording a game, I keep hearing a static/fuzz/buzzing noise and I can't seem to figure out why it might be. The noise is not constant, it is not there most of the time, it just randomly happens at any given time, but specially when I open OBS. I've read several threads to look for answer but none of them have worked. I have unplugged the microphone, disabled unused audio devices and disabled the device timestamps, and nothing seems to work.

I would appreciate any help, this thing is driving me nuts xD.

Cheers.

Attachments

• 2021-06-26 18-29-35.txt
    13.9 KB · Views: 143

konsolenritter

Not unplugging...

Please mute all the sources one after another and look if and when the noise disappears.
Device timestamps help obs to sync the incoming packets from different source drivers. They aren't related to any kind of static/buzz.

And if that issue is up to a nut-driving amount =) you better provide an example of that. Can it be recorded?

Merfesto

An hour after I posted this I was tweaking the settings a bit and it seems changing from DirectSound to WaveOut has fixed the entire thing. Thanks for the answer either way.

If anyone else has the same issue and is looking for a possible solution: I went to the sources tab, then into the properties for my capture card and swapped the audio output mode from DirectSound to WaveOut, and so far it has worked for me. Hope it helps.