Bunch of Newb questions (Streamlabs OBS)

zamboknee

Trying to get things going on my Twitch and having some issues with Streamlabs OBS. Please help out a newbie with any of these that you can.
  • Having a guest on via Zoom. Is the best source for that a 'Window capture?' I go to a different program on my laptop and come back and the person's zoom window is moved out of the place where I put it.
    • followup: Is there a way to 'lock' elements down so they can't be moved again? Other video capture 'box' would occasionally move when I came back into the application.
  • Is Zoom the best way to have a regular cohost piped in or is there a better way/service?
  • Audio input. I can't seem to get the noise gate (or any) effects to work. Shouldn't that just work when you turn them on?
  • Did a test recording and there was some delay between the words spoken and the mouth. Is this a 'record' setting I need to tweak?
  • What have you found is the best way to monitor your own voice during a stream/record? My cohost was borrowing my older Apogee MiC USB microphone and we couldn't figure out how to get her voice into her headphones.
Any help with ANY of these questions would be greatly appreciated.