Browser Transition

Browser Transition 0.1.3

THE R3Y3S

Hi, idk if this is only my problem but when i press on transition preview, browser get stucked on preview, so i didn't see the change A - browser - B, but only A - browser.

BeoMulf

Not sure if we consider this a bug or not, but the default action of the stinger doesn't suppress scroll bars for ~0.5s on load, so they flash at the start of the stinger unless you suppress them in your own CSS. I don't see a use case for scroll bars to ever show for this, so might want to be included in the default css injection?

Exeldro

@BeoMulf the default custom CSS contains overflow: hidden; that should work right?
do you have the page reload every time you transition?

Exeldro

Here some javascript I used for testing a page without having to refresh the page every time the transition starts:
JavaScript:
window.addEventListener('obsSourceActiveChanged', function(event) {
    if(event.detail.active){
        //start transition
    }else{
        //end transition
    }
})

For the preview button not working correctly I made a pull request for OBS:

BeoMulf

@BeoMulf the default custom CSS contains overflow: hidden; that should work right?
do you have the page reload every time you transition?
I do have it reloading on every call - that seemed the easiest way to trigger the animation each time. The extension was rendering the scrollbars when my browser source did not have the over: hidden tag. When I wrote it in myself I was able to hide it, but the {overflow: hidden} injection in the extension does not appear to be working in the same way.

Exeldro

@BeoMulf I would advice against reloading the page every time, but use the 'obsSourceActiveChanged' event instead. See the example code in my previous post.

hmeneses

I’m not sure on how to use it, so used a YouTube link, the stinger appeared, but the sound of the video keep going without a way to stop it

BeoMulf

Interesting bug - the browser transition will not render if it is not the selected transition in the Scene Transitions dock - instead, it just fails to render and then transitions to the scene after a given amount of time. This is not the case for other transition options when making use of your transition table.

hmeneses

ok i'm using this configuration
1673152945135.png

with the content of this zip file as local file

it's really interesting!

Attachments

• animation.zip
    697 bytes · Views: 48

BeoMulf

This may factor into issues with how OBS handles scene transitions in general, but I have noticed considerable stutter in using the transitions when they do not stutter in a) the preview or b) chrome/firefox/edge test articles. Seems to be slighlty ameliorated by transitioning from blank scene to blank scene (aka no need to unload webcam, etc) but even that doesn't quite fix things.

Exeldro

@BeoMulf are you reloading the page every time or are you using the obsSourceActiveChanged event?
I changed the example of @hmeneses a bit so that it does not have to reload the page every time, also added time after the animation so the timing can be a bit off. I hope I done it correctly because I have little web development experience.

Attachments

• animation.zip
    881 bytes · Views: 43

hmeneses

@BeoMulf are you reloading the page every time or are you using the obsSourceActiveChanged event?
I changed the example of @hmeneses a bit so that it does not have to reload the page every time, also added time after the animation so the timing can be a bit off. I hope I done it correctly because I have little web development experience.
i changed my own page to slowdown the "grow" animation, and noticed i need to add loading time for the page in order for the animation to run smoothly, so if my animation is 2 seconds long, i make the stinger 400 ms longer, so your modification helped a lot to make it work properly in different machines

BeoMulf

It is not reloading each time - triggers on obsSourceActiveChanged. The issue appears to be that some frames are getting duplicated? Your animation seems to be running fine, but it's hard to tell considering the speed at which it goes. I think the issue falls within how OBS handles withdrawing components from memory - I pull several images from a folder to supply things.