Browser source plugin (1.0-24-g30ce603 2013/5/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
Fas said:
I hope there is the possibilty to help me, cause currently I need quick fingers to switch to VLC Media Player and switch to the scene at the same time, so I'm able to play the ESL videos on my stream :D

Hey, you probably just want to take a look at Faruton´s Video Source Plugin:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4711
Its probably easier if you just want to add Videos!

Faruton

Developer
Reinierbee said:
Thanks that will help with some debugging. Unfortunatly I can't seem te get any messages throught your script you linked before.

I tried the following settings

Code:
OBSIrcExtension.connect("megamestahd");
OBSIrcExtension.connect("megamestahd","megamestahd.jtvirc.com");
OBSIrcExtension.connect("megamestahd","megamestahd.jtvirc.com","6667");
OBSIrcExtension.connect("megamestahd","199.9.253.199");
OBSIrcExtension.connect("megamestahd","199.9.253.199","6667");

The chat is awkwardly empty.

It seems you have to connect to their new irc 'irc.twitch.tv'

I tried that and it seemed to work.

switch

Will this also be a 64 bit version? because for me it does not work with the 64 bit version of OBS.

But great works from you

Faruton

Developer
I plan to create a 64bit version, yes.

The difficulty lies in the library I'm using being only 32bit at the moment

XcomReborn

Hi, I've written a .swf actionscript flash file that uses sockets to read strings from IRC.

I have tried opening the .swf in the browser plugin and although it loads sucessfully it doesn't recieve any strings over the socket. I'm guessing that the .swf interpreter in the browser is blocking it somehow?

Can you confirm this ?

FourCourtJester

Hi Faruton,

Does the browser implementation observe onbeforeunload or onunload events? So far my evidence points to no. If it does indeed not support, is there any way to add support?

Cheers,

FourCourtJester

FourCourtJester

XcomReborn said:
Hi, I've written a .swf actionscript flash file that uses sockets to read strings from IRC.

I have tried opening the .swf in the browser plugin and although it loads sucessfully it doesn't recieve any strings over the socket. I'm guessing that the .swf interpreter in the browser is blocking it somehow?

Can you confirm this ?

I too am developing an application utilizing sockets; so far I can use them without incident. Granted I'm not using SWF, but I can confirm sockets work.

Faruton

Developer
Hey FourCourtJester,

It should handle those events. Similar to how I sent a OBSApiReady() event, I could also send one for when the webview instance is being unloaded. Are you trying to achieve an effect or transition when scenes change? As this would delay any stop broadcast/scene change until the JS returned.

CMV

I'm a bit lost on how to use this plugin. I have it installed and it works, but I have no clue how to use it like in this example:
JRtIe5A.png

I want to have an overlay on my stream that I can manage with the Stream Control program, but I don't know how to get that to detect OBS either.

Faruton

Developer
You have to point the stream control to the directory where the XML file is (in this case the plugin directory)

CMV

Faruton said:
You have to point the stream control to the directory where the XML file is (in this case the plugin directory)

This seems like the XML file you're talking about:
3fUfQ.png

But when I add it, this happens, and I can't edit anything:
3fUmp.png

I've also tried setting it to the plugin folder in OBS, and pointing it to the streamcontrol.xml in there, but it's the same result. I'm lost.

Faruton

Developer
There should be a file called layout.xml or something like that

Look for that file in Jane of the zips from stream control

I'm about to get on a plane for a while so I will be out of pocket

atmo

How does the transparency work for the background? When I try something like

body {background-color:rgba(255,255,255,0.3);}

it looks more like transparent black than white. Basically the alpha value seems to also affect the brightness.

Also, how would I apply some JQuery to an external page loaded in the plugin?

XcomReborn

Adding a "Browser to File" button would be really useful in the URL - browser source settings.

I can get it to load a .swf file using asset://local/plugins/etc/etc/ if the file is put into the lower directory BUT I am currently testing a file which is continuously being modified and is compiled elsewhere C:\myDirectory\Myswf.swf

Every time I want to test the new version I have to copy it into a local directory below the plugins one, and I can't work out how to get it to point at the one on my C drive.

I also notice that the "/" are not the default "\" used on windows so I assume this was developed on Linux.

Is there a way to get it to load a file from above the base local directory in the mean time ?

Faruton

Developer
The reason they are forward slashes is because it is a URL reference. The scheme is asset:// and it's root directory is your OBS directory.

This is what I use to do asset wrapping, etc. If you use a different kind of URL it (or just paste in C:\...) it gets turned into a file:/// reference which I don't use any special handling on.

If you'd like, you can make your own html file that loads the flash file and put it anywhere on your system and then use 'C:\.....\file.html' and it should work.

Or continue to copy paste stuff into the OBS directory. The asset:// wasn't really intended to be something that points to any and every file in every possible location, which is also why it is a bit hard to make it have a file browser.

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
Hey Faruton, I had a problem when trying to start the plugin on the newest test version, it just didnt want to start.
So I used the 522b version for my test, just wanted to let you know. (Tried on 32bit)

Status
Not open for further replies.