Resource icon

OBS Lua Browser Image Slideshow v2.0.1

kutibotond

I'd like to propose an idea. Could you make a similar script that would work as a slideshow (with transitions) but with any source that is already inside OBS ?

decay59

I'd like to propose an idea. Could you make a similar script that would work as a slideshow (with transitions) but with any source that is already inside OBS ?
That's an interesting idea, but I don't think I could make what you're proposing. This script is only a browser source, and browser sources don't have access to other sources within obs.

decay59

decay59 updated Random Image Slideshow with a new update entry:

Update readme

Updated readme: Leaving "Shutdown source when not visible" and "Refresh browser when scene becomes active" unchecked is recommended.

Checking "Refresh browser when scene becomes active" may cause a white outline to appear when the scene becomes active, or when source is refreshed. Better to leave it unchecked.

Also removed unnecessary changelog.txt

Read the rest of this update entry...

kutibotond

Xaymar made a Source Mirror plugin inside Stream Effects, now if only that ability can be put in to something like that ...

karma12gaming

What is the difference between this script and the image slide show feature native to OBS? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm genuinely curious.

decay59

Great question.
This script is a browser source, while the one in OBS is not. It works using html & javascript, so if you wanted to, you could run this in your browser.
For randomization, I believe OBS's slideshow chooses images at random, which can cause repeats, or images not showing very often.
To avoid this, I've made it so that all images display once per randomized loop.
Also, I believe OBS's slideshow preloads images, while this browser source does not.
Only downside is, because it's a browser source, and not built in, it requires a tiny bit of work to set up.

shalalaka

Hello @decay59. I have two questions, first one:

I want some gifs to appear at a certain spot on the screen from time to time (7-8 minutes) randomly. (My idea is something like the "Clippy the paperclip"). I can do this with obs and hotkeys, BUT I don't want to active it; I want something that appears by itself randomly while I'm streaming. Can this script work to my cause ?

Second:

How do I run Refreshimages.sh? I read something about installing a linux tool for cmd and Notepad++ but I can't make it run.

I already did everything on OBS and have no Idea how do I make it work.

Mr.Darkness

decay59

@shalalaka
for your first question, all images appear for an equal amount of time, so i don't think it can do exactly what you describe.
but, you could try using multiple transparent pngs as filler images, then change the mode to alphabetic, and tweak the slide duration to get what you want.

for your second question, i'd assumed everyone could run .sh scripts by just double clicking them, I guess that was naive of me. apologies for the inconvenience, i'll look into alternatives, or at least updating the readme.

@Mr.Darkness thanks for your help finding that windows 10 link, apologies for the inconvenience

Last edited:

decay59

@shalalaka @Mr.Darkness
I've added RefreshImagesW.cmd which does the same thing as RefreshImages.sh, but doesn't require complicated setup, and should work in windows.
Thanks for bringing the issue to my attention, please let me know if you encounter any other issues.

decay59

decay59 updated Browser Image Slideshow with a new update entry:

Add lua script

Added optional lua script as an alternative to running a shell or cmd script to refresh the images list.
Added .gitignore & .gitkeep for images folder

This script can be added to OBS (Tools > Scripts), and is run automatically when OBS is opened.
Slide mode & slide duration settings can now be updated using this script in OBS.
This script & browser source still need to be reloaded/refreshed when images or settings are updated. Reloading the (lua) script can be done from OBS...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:

EndoSkull

Great Script.
Question to make sure I'm doing this the right way - I have several different slideshow directories - Each directory has to have the refresh script installed for each directory right?
Thanks!

decay59

Great Script.
Question to make sure I'm doing this the right way - I have several different slideshow directories - Each directory has to have the refresh script installed for each directory right?
Thanks!

Thanks!
If I'm reading your question correctly, you have images in multiple folders, to be used in the same slideshow?
Currently, the slideshow only uses images in the /images folder. Images in any subfolders (ex. /images/subfolder) will not be included.

But you only need one script per slideshow. If you have multiple slideshows, then each one would have it's own /images folder, script, and browser source.

On another note, the script simply makes a list of all image names in /images, so nothing is actually installed.

PWJade

Thank you for making this script! Some of my images are appearing rotated 90 degrees for some unknown reason? They look fine in the directory but in the slideshow they rotate themselves.

Is there a way to fix this? Did I goof?