BMD Mini Recorder Audio Not Recording - No Audio Signals in Mixer Bar

dsa4589

Hi, I'm using my black magic mini recorder connected to my canon to live stream. I have previously used it and it's worked just fine. I just updated the OBS software. The video looks great, but the audio isn't working. The audio signal isn't even reading, the bars aren't moving at all. I've searched so many youtube videos and forums but haven't found anything to help. I'd appreciate anyone's help to get audio from my camera via the BMD mini recorder. I've tested my youtube link, the video is playing perfectly but it's pindrop silence - no audio at all.

I currently have Audio Input set to Black Magic Design Mini Recorder. Under Audio settings the audio is set to BMD mini recorder as well and everything else is disabled but the bars are still not moving to show no signal. HELP, please!

I have never used a Mini Recorder before, but I have used an ATEM unit to stream. This might be much more complicated for your situation, but what we ended up doing was routing audio completely separately from video. We ran audio into a separate mixer, and ran that through a Scarlett 2i2 into the streaming computer. From there, we synced it up using the offset delay in OBS. Unfortunately since I have never used the Mini Recorder, I'm not sure how to help you troubleshoot; however I know how annoying it is to have no replies on your post, so hopefully something in here helps. If it was working before, and only stopped working after updating OBS, then it may be worth checking to see what was changed between those version of OBS; or checking to see if you can go back to an older version (or updating to an even newer one).

As a final last resort, if your computer is able to detect the camera audio, then you may be able to use a virtual input to get it into OBS. On Mac, I use NDI's Virtual Input for Video and the audio. On windows, you can use NDI or Voicemeter Potato / Banana with the Virtual XLR Cable (however you are on the Mac Forums so I don't think that route will work for you).

I hope this helps! Maybe after this posts refreshes, someone with more information on your situation may be able to help.
Good luck!