Question / Help Blurry when moving! Please help!

LucasYouKnow

Hello guys!

When I livestream WoW it's getting blurry as fast as I move my character. I've searched around but I haven't found any answers on how I fix this.. Please help!

PC information:
Intel Core i7 2700K @ 3.5GHz
8 GB RAM
GeForce GTX 660Ti
Windows 7 64bit
30 down and 8-10 up internet

Stream video settings:
1280x720
30fps

Video encoding:
Quality 10
Max bitrate 1200
Buffer size 1200

Audio encoding:
Codec AAC
Bitrate 160
Format 44.1khz stereo

Advanced:
x264 CPU Preset veryfast

alpinlol

obviously its getting blurry with that bitrate thats how encoding compensates for not having a frameshow instead getting fluid frames but therefor you get quality loss

thats pretty much how streaming works

since you say you got 8-10 up

do a test on www.testmy.net chose the nearest server to you, obviously

also if you are anywhere close to your given uploadrate go change your bitrate to around 2000-3000 with 720@30 with lanczos filter you could also be using the cpu preset faster or fast since you got an i7 2700k

make sure you check CBR since its a new recommendation of twitch

LucasYouKnow

Also, when I try to change to fast or faster on the cpu preset it says: WARNING! Changing the x264 preset can have severe negative effects on your stream quality and CPU usage.
Do not change this setting unless you fully understand the consequences of how the preset affects your stream.
Treat any guides that suggest changing this with caution. You should almost never need to change this option from the default (veryfast).
Are you sure you wish to change the preset?

alpinlol

it uses more cpu to get the quality of an better stream with the same bitrate veryfast is the best in peformance and quality you tax your cpu quite a bit with fast but your i7 2700k should handle it since mine can do fast-medium without a problem

therefor you get probably an approx quality improvement of 5% just some random numbers if you would stream with 2000 the fast preset would technically make a ~2500 bitrate out of it but you would still need 2000 therefor you pay with more cpu usage with the encode process.

if you would stream with 3500 you make it impossible for some viewers to watch your streams because for some reason in 2013 there are still people with a 3mbit downstream connection and even worse thats why i suggest 2000-3000 since twitch recommends to not go over 3500 anyway

and the lanczos filter is a option when you downscale your video as example from 1920x1080 to 1.5 which would be 1280x720 then obs gives you the option to use 3 different filters for the text which is visible and other stuff like that on your stream to be less blurred and actually readable

vaesauce

I play FFXIV and DayZ a lot and the third person view and the fast movement is what makes everything blurry and pixelated. A LOT. More so than First Person Shooting games, as a matter of fact, FPS games hardly pixelate for me.

As "Alpinlol" also stated, even though we are in 2013, some people still don't have a fast enough Download to watch your stream however, i use 3500-4000 anyway because personally, i feel like enough people have fast enough internet lol.

None the less, 720P with an MMO like that, you're gonna have to spend more bitrate to get rid of it, I don't know how some people on Twitch get crystal crisp clear streaming but i'm just under the impression that they're running ridiculous bitrate.

alpinlol

most of them run if they play mmo either 3500 bitrate with 1920x1080 with 25 or 30 fps and faster preset or even 1280x720 with same bad fps and fast or medium preset the amount of bitrate you need for a crystal clear 1280x720@60 stream is way too high

vaesauce

I know some streams are in 1080P but the gameplay is so smooth i question them a lot if they're streaming at anything higher than 30FPS. Knowing that most single PC streaming systems can only do so much when trying to stream at 1080P.

As for 720P, i could swear to god all the people with Crisp Clear streams are running 60FPS, the movement is waaayyy too smooth and fluid lol because when I try 30fps or 48fps, 0 frames dropped and 70+FPS ingame almost all the time, my stream is nowhere near as crisp and clear, still pixelates AND very choppy unless I run @ 60FPS. This is with me running a Preset of technically Fast-Medium.

I still haven't wrapped my mind around it but that's why i've came to conclusion they're running pro Bitrate lol.

alpinlol

1080p@60 is possible with everything newer than 2nd gen i7 2600k since i can do it without a problem but you need approx 20k bitrate to get a crisp picture quality while moving.

it would be nice if you could say what streams you are watching which you think are nice

probably the most known wow streamers reckful/soda/towlie

therefor

reckfuls settings

Code:
Video:
	Resolution: 1920x1080
	FPS: 30
	Keyint:  ± (estimated)

Audio:
	aac, 44100 Hz, stereo, s16

x264 Settings:
	vbv-maxrate: 2200
	vbv-bufsize: 2200
	crf:  (OBS: q?)
	rc: cbr

Estimated preset: medium

Frame Timing Variance (first 53 frames):

Average frame rate: 29.68 ±0.47

sodas

Code:
Video:
	FPS: 25

Audio:

x264 Settings:
	vbv-maxrate: 2500
	vbv-bufsize: 2500

Estimated preset: veryfast

Frame Timing Variance (first 71 frames):

Average frame rate: 25 ±0

towlie

Code:
Video:
	FPS: 30

Audio:

x264 Settings:
	vbv-maxrate: 3500
	vbv-bufsize: 3500

Estimated preset: veryfast

Frame Timing Variance (first 29 frames):

Average frame rate: 28.9 ±4.24

soda uses xsplit, towlie uses obs but im not sure what reckful is using

also towlie is using a capturecard for whatever reason the others are both using a stupid monitor capture

also the stress you would put on your viewers cpu through the flash player when you are streaming 1080@60 is fucking retarded

rakunvar

Yep all from Twitch's new setting requirements honestly. The keyframe interval seems to affect alot more then what people let on or realize at first. Not to mention the other settings.