Question / Help Blurry / pixelation recording

Koffievlek

Hey,

Everytime I record with OBS studio I get a blurry video. I've seen other posts about this problem and the solution was that I should record with a higher bitrate. I tried to use 5000, 10000 and even 20000, but its still blurry. My resolution from my screen is 1600 x 900. This is the max resolution because my screens are too old to work on 1920 x 1080. I tried to rescale in OBS studio to 1920 x 1080 and even to 1280 x 720 but it's still blurry.

Can somebody help me?

koala

A fix for the blurriness introduced by rescaling? Don't rescale. If you're recording, you're free to record any resolution you like. Set canvas and output resolution to 1600x900 and record this.

Koffievlek

A fix for the blurriness introduced by rescaling? Don't rescale. If you're recording, you're free to record any resolution you like. Set canvas and output resolution to 1600x900 and record this.
I tried that and it's still blurry.

I just thought that the problem maybe came from my resolution, because I have an uncommon resolution.....

Narcogen

For recording, yes. CBR is required for most streaming platforms, but it is not better than CRF or CQP for local recording.