Question / Help Blurry/pixelated stream with OBS

Svings

While streaming STALKER. Dead Air, I've noticed that the stream is awfully blurry/pixelated when moving around, shooting etc. I can't find a solution for it even though there are a ton of people with the problem like me. Any help would be greatly appreciated... The game is running perfectly on 60 fps stream, no fps issues. The only problem is blurryness... Any help? I've added a log file with the settings I use. Thank you so much in advance!

Attachments

• 2018-07-03 14-17-55.txt
    17.7 KB · Views: 876

Svings

But having too much bitrate for youtube is bad, isn't it? Many people will have buffering issues and what not, isn't that the case?

BK-Morpheus

If the viewer has only ~6000kbit/s download, watching a 5000kbit/s stream is a close call and can lead to issues, yes.
As long, as the streaming server is not trans-coding your stream to lower quality versions (so the viewers can decide which quality they would like to see), It's up to you to decide, which compromise you want to go.

- keeping your settings at 1080p 60fps with only 5000kbit/s = blurry/pixelated (how much, depends on the content and encoder setting)
- increasing your bitrate and risking, to loose some viewers with slower internet
- decreasing you resolution and frame rate, while keeping the bitrate at 5000kbit/s = less blurry/pixelated, but slightly less sharp image in general

Many viewers only watch from a distance, in a browser window (not fullscreen) or on smaller devices (Tablets/Smartphones), so they often don't even see the difference between a stream with 1080p 60fps and 720p 30fps.

Harold

Then turn down your resolution. Unfortunately twitch's bitrate limits don't allow for 1080p streaming properly.

Narcogen

But having too much bitrate for youtube is bad, isn't it? Many people will have buffering issues and what not, isn't that the case?

For YouTube, no, it isn't. For Twitch it can be. I stream in 1080p30, sometimes 60, and have viewers in remote locations that watch at resolutions as low as 240p because of low bandwidth issues. Youtube transcodes for multiple quality levels.

Svings

I'm streaming on youtube, set the bitrate to 30 000, 1080p 60fps seems to have fixed the problem completely. Thank you!

Narcogen

30K might be excessive, but as long as it works, great! You could certainly try 8k or 10k and see how that goes.