Question / Help Blurriness on 900p 6k bitrate fast preset what am i missing?

tako_games

Hello guys,

I am having a problem that drives me crazy. I have been streaming tarkov recently and every time i am around grass it looks TERRIBLE and although i know this game is bad with the sharpness and foliage in my case is worse than others.

So my rig is

cpu i7 9700k

gpu 1060 3gb

ram ddr4 16gb 3200mhz

i am playing on 1920x1080 downscaled to 1600x900 on obs

x264 preset fast bitrate 6800 keyframe 2 profile high and downscale filter lanzcos

while streaming my cpu stays at around 85% usage sometimes it peaks more though but i dont have any lag or any obs errors and my gpu is aaround 99% most of the times temps are fine.

When i run into grass the game looks horrible although indoor no matter the circumstances like granade projectiles/firefight everything is clean on stream. I have no lag while playing and fps is capped at 90.

I am using single pc setup and i have tried local recordings whith 15k bitrate preset on medium and on veryfast (to lower my cpu usage to 60% ) but its still the same grass looks horrible to the point that stream is unwatchable. I ve seen other streamers on 900p and from what r1ch's twitch analyzer says at about 6-8k bitrate having way better time on grass so it seems like i m missing something that actually drives me crazy.

I would appreciate any help and i can also provide links whith examples from me and other streamers if needed.

TryHD

Beside bumping your bitrate to 8200 and/or lower your resolution there is nothing you can do since you already max out system.
If you have a RTX20xx you could try nvenc

BluePeer

more details need more bitrate/compression power
preset fast <- not really a good compression
to get that what you wan't its required a Workstation streamencoder system or special encoding hardware
720P 30fps can work with that bitrate "can" idk if fast work with optimized settings closer to medium it can work

tako_games

Beside bumping your bitrate to 8200 and/or lower your resolution there is nothing you can do since you already max out system.
If you have a RTX20xx you could try nvenc
I ve tried bitrate up to 15k and its still noticable that the grass looks horrible. I dont 20 gtx series so i cant try that.

more details need more bitrate/compression power
preset fast <- not really a good compression
to get that what you wan't its required a Workstation streamencoder system or special encoding hardware
720P 30fps can work with that bitrate "can" idk if fast work with optimized settings closer to medium it can work

Fast is one preset before medium ( Medium is apparently what most people with double pc setup use ) and i have also tried medium preset but blurriness is stil there. Like what are people doing to make the blurriness disappear.

TryHD

I ve tried bitrate up to 15k and its still noticable that the grass looks horrible. I dont 20 gtx series so i cant try that.
Do you have enforce Enforce streaming service encoder settings checked in your ouput tab? because if yes obs will never use more than 6000 kbit/s bitrate and ignores higher settings.

tako_games

Do you have enforce Enforce streaming service encoder settings checked in your ouput tab? because if yes obs will never use more than 6000 kbit/s bitrate and ignores higher settings.
I just tried that now i had it checked but still havign the same problem

tako_games

I spent the last 4 hours with my gf trying out different resolutions/presets/bitrates just to make sure i m not going nuts the pixelation is there no matter what. Funny part is that we found out recordings on 1536x864 medium preset are a little bit better than everything else however its still bad.

Since i had so many logs i couldnt upload one from the stream i honestly dont know which one it is any more so i recorded 10 mins of fooatage the same way i was playing today (same map 7.5k bitrate fast preset 900p) i can confirm the blurriness is still there. Log File