Question / Help Blur a section or more of the stream?

Jennyferr

Hi, not sure where to put this but after lots of googling last night I couldn't find an answer so thought I ask here.

Is it possible to blur a section or a few of the streaming window?
I want to have a semi transparent image to block out some ingame PM window, but it "needs" to match the game windows so it looks good. If I just use opacity to get the effect you can still read the texts behind so need to blur it so you can see there is something behind but you can't read it if that makes any sense lol (and if no PM behind it still looks "same" as a game window)
Tried to find a way to fix it with a simple *.png image in photoshop but seems it don't like to do what I need it to do lol

Here is a little example so you see what it is all about: http://www.twitch.tv/jenny_ferr/b/480429342

The picture to the left of the main chat is what I want to make blurred/transparent. (so it matches the main chat)

Yachak

I'm going to assume that the picture there is a picture u have placed trough obs sources.

1. Or you Photoshop the image yourself and make it transparent
2. Or u can change the properties "color key", you can right click the image in edit mode and play with the color key properties.
3. Change the opacity (transparancy) in the image properties is also an option

Jennyferr

Yes added a transparent picture I made in photoshop through the sources where my game capture is, but if I just have it transparent you can see what I write behind so I need it to be blurred too.
And color key isn't an option sadly same with the transparency as I already have the picture semi transparent from photoshop :/

Yachak

I'm not even sure if that's possible what u are trying to do. As u want to manipulate a box with text "behind" the picture.
I have never seen such behavior of image 2 that is overlaying image 1 and manipulating image 1. Unless it is programmatic.
In that case ... the program gonna need to take a screenshot of your chat box, blur it and places it back.

Every streamer i have watched that's hiding text form viewers like a chat box is doing this with a full solid image overlay.

Yachak

Jennyferr said:
hmm ok, thanks for the answer. so now maybe I need to solve it on my own then lol

:) i would stick to an easier solution and hide the chat u wanna hide behind an image that is not transparent

Jennyferr

yes that's easy, but don't look good :P

So it will have to do for now but someone needs to figure out a way to do it, so even tho I got 0 experience you got to start somewhere lol

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
You can add a translucent PNG to your scene, but what you are actually looking for, if I understand you right, is not currently possible. The rewrite will have more flexible capabilities to add neat filters and such to OBS.