Bug Report Blue Screen of Death while streaming

Nanobug

Hi.
First I want to say thanks for this wonderful program, quite easy when you get used to it.
I switched from XSplit sine it gave me BSoD (Blue Screen of Death) a lot, and I'm sure it was it because I tried to play without streaming, and I had no problems.
Now I'm starting to get it with OBS as well, but no where near the same amount as XSplit does.
Again I tried to play without streaming for a couple of days, and not a single crash.
Is this a common problem, or am I doing something wrong?
- I doubt I'm doing something wrong since I'm not new at using computers and all.

And it's not like my computer is slow or anything, it's quite good actually. So I don't get why it sometimes crashes with Blue Screen of Death while I'm streaming, can anyone help me with this somehow?
I can show you all my settings in OBS if you like, or if there's some way to get a crash report out of it, I'm quite happy to give that too.

Warchamp7

Forum Admin
Blue screens generally mean something in your system is not behaving properly. Do you have your processor overclocked? I'd also recommend a memtest

Nanobug

It is overclocked, but the fact that I don't have any problems otherwise makes it really weird. It's ONLY when I stream.

Niamor

because streaming takes more cpu and stress more your computer.
Try removing your overclock or try doing some tests of your overclock with software like OCCT.

Atsou

It is possible that your overclocked CPU is not stable. Try streaming again and when you get a BSOD, look for one of the numbers below:

0x101 = Increase your vcore.
0x124 = Increase/decrease vcore or QPI/VTT (You will have to test to see which one is causing it & if QPI/VTT is on auto, leave it on auto).
0x0A = Unstable RAM/IMC, increase your QPI first (if it's auto, leave it on auto), if that doesn't work increase your vcore.
0x1E = Increase vcore.
0x3B = Increase vcore.
0xD1 = QPI/VTT, increase/decrease as necessary.
0x9C = QPI/VTT most likely, but increasing vcore has helped in some instances.
0x50 = RAM timings/Frequency or uncore multi unstable, increase RAM voltage or adjust QPI/VTT, or lower uncore if you're higher than 2x.
0x116 = Low IOH (NB) voltage, GPU issue (most common when running multi-GPU/overclocking GPU).
0x109 << Not enough or too Much memory voltage

*The content above was posted on techsupportforum.com

Once you have adjusted your overclock, run Prime95 for about 20 minutes (Look at your temperatures and make sure that they don't go higher than 80 degrees): http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft/

If your system crashes during the Prime95 test, look at the error and adjust your settings in the bios accordingly until your system is stable.

Grimio

If you don't know what you are doing, don't overclock. You need to have a 100% load stable system if you intend to stream.

Nanobug

I'm not the one that overclocked it, that is the issue with it. But I'll try and call him and ask him to put it back to normal so I can stream without getting bsod.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I don't know if it's the overclocking thing or not but what I can tell you is that there's pretty much no one else who has such a problem. User applications can not really cause blue screens directly. There is definitely something going on with the computer.

Grimio

In your second screenshot, "Adjust CPU Ratio [43]" put that to 40.
You will still have an OK overclock, but a more stable one. It will probably solve your problem, and there is no danger in breaking anything.

Nanobug

I put "Adjust CPU Ratio" to Auto, and "DRAM Voltage" to Auto as well.
And I've almost been streaming for 10 hours today without a single crash.
Thanks for the help guys, it's really appreciated. And I learned something new as well.
Thanks a lot, I'll highly recommend anyone who might need it to go here, and most certainly to use OBS as their streaming software.