Question / Help blackscreen when fullscreen but OK when windowed

lowstream

Sorry for not posting logs. I don't have access to the computer right now.

I set up OBS Studio for someone and set it to capture a specific window of Minecraft. It worked fine when he ran Minecraft in window mode but if he switched to fullscreen the stream would go blank/black for some reason. The game itself was OK and didn't go black. I tried setting up my OBS Studio the same way I set up his and I can stream in fullscreen without the stream going black.

He has an older 1920 x 1080 screen. Ideally I think he should try streaming Minecraft gameplay in 1280 x 720 because he doesn't have a lot of upload bandwidth and running the game in 1280 x 720 should make seeing details in the stream easier. I installed Optifine in Minecraft and set it to 1280 x 720 but his monitor didn't scale the picture very well. It stretched the picture all the way from left to right and left large black bars at the top and bottom. The monitor scaled horizontally but didn't scale the picture vertically so I went in to the driver settings for his Radeon R7 250X graphics card (this is a desktop computer) and switched on GPU scaling and set the Scaling Mode to preserve the aspect ratio. I don't need to use that driver option on my computer. I guess I have a better monitor that correctly does the scaling. Might the GPU Scaling option interfere with streaming in OBS Studio?