Question / Help Black screen with sound on EvE Online

Naminator_X_

Hey there guys. Since I've found out about OBS I've uninstalled every other capture/stream program that I had because OBS fullfilled every need that I had and that for free. Thumbs up for the devs its really great piece of software.

Now I'd like to "report an issue" or well it might be a misconfiguration on my side and that is why I'm asking here in the forum. Technically I stream all kinds of games daily, like CS:GO, Tomb Raider, Guild Wars 2, Just Cause 2 when I'm feeling bored, The Secret World, and it works FLAWLESSLY.
Yet recently when I try to capture Eve online, all I get is a black screen with sound :< And I'm not sure if its software bug or misconfiguration on my side, I basically use what I use for other games, Add -> Capture Game Source, [ExeFile] Eve Online - "My character name" because that is the name of the window, and when I start the stream and get back IG when I open twitch from my 2nd PC I see just black screen with sound :<

Do you guys have any idea how can I fix that, I really want to stream something to a friend of mine to show him how things work, and fraps is too huge of a FPS drop for me to use, besides it got uninstalled alongside other programs when I decided I'm going to ultimately use OBS.
I'm sorry If i've picked the wrong forum, please move my topic if I have and thanks in advance!

PS: If devs want to investigate for themselves I can send you a invitation for game trial - 21 days, I just need your email.

Krazy

Town drunk
Maybe try playing in borderless window mode and use Window Capture. This is the preferred method as Window Capture is the most reliable method of capturing games.

LemonWAG1

Krazy said:
Maybe try playing in borderless window mode and use Window Capture. This is the preferred method as Window Capture is the most reliable method of capturing games.
What he says will probably solve it :)

This is also what you have to do by CS:GO(do t know about other pc games)

Naminator_X_

LemonWAG1 said:
Krazy said:
What he says will probably solve it :)

This is also what you have to do by CS:GO(do t know about other pc games)

Well CS:GO works out of the box for me, and I'm having a CrossfireX build and all. So far just EVE Online is making problems, but I'll try this trick in the coming days. Thanks guys!

sendu2canoe

Krazy said:
I cannot figure out how to do this :x

badasskitty

Hi there,

had the same issue.

solution: in eve client select as display: "Fixed Window" (its the third option Window mode / full screen / fixed window)

then in broadcaster select: window capture > window: eve client (refresh to see it) > entire window

that did it for me. good luck

srasra11

I have a pretty similar problem with Dxtory. When I try to display a picture of Dxtoy at OBS, then the OBS show background instead of game screen.
pR1rmED.jpg

PS. If I display an image directly from the OBS, the Path of Exile perfectly displayed, but for example DayZ or Warcraft 3 directly show a black screen. It's not about full screen, cause for example full screen LoL perfectly work.