Question / Help Black screen when going Live!

playerofsc2

I know there is a suggested fix in the F.A.Q, but my direct X is up to date and I am not sure how to update windows libraries. My GPU is GTX 550Ti if that helps. Please help! Thanks.

Recka

Hi, I'm having the same issue. Direct X and video card drivers are both fully up to date and I can't see anything when I go to preview or going live. xSplit works fine.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Did you add a scene, then add a capture source? Did you read the help file? Just have to make sure, because I have had people who have told me "I get a black screen", when they hadn't added anything at all to capture it.

If that's not the problem, did you run windows update? Also, you're not capturing a fullscreen game, I hope? It's currently unsupported and will cause black output as well.

Recka

Hi Jim,

after doing a few things (making sure drivers are up to date etc) and also changing my game client to be windowed full screen it's working great! Thanks :)

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Hey, what you need to do it set the base resolution in video settings to that of your source (game/window/etc). If you're capturing a game window that's 800x600 (just as an example), you'd want to set that as your base resolution in the settings.

playerofsc2

So I have fixed my imperfect resolution. Now the last problem is that my stream is not clear. I'm not aware of the exact settings I need to use to stream 720p as I have a 1900x1080p monitor. The bit rate I am using is 2000/2000 but I can turn it up to 2500 if needed. Use my last vod as reference to my current quality. twitch.tv/playerofsc2

The quality I am trying to get to is 720p, before mentioned, like this stream. twitch.tv/quanticillusion
Thanks, - Playerofsc2