Question / Help Black Screen when attempting to record certain games

edwardsjs21

I am trying to capture Minecraft, but I can't get window capture, or any game capture for that matter, to work. Audio is working fine, but no video. I've been able to record Skyrim just fine, the capture fullscreen application automatically works for that game, but I can't capture Minecraft. I made sure that I was running on the Nvidia GPU and I tried running as administrator, but I don't know what to do to get it to work otherwise. If anyone more proficient in the software than I knows a fix, that would be great.

Attachments

• 2020-03-16 02-44-36.txt
    26.5 KB · Views: 32

SpectreKid

I am trying to capture Minecraft, but I can't get window capture, or any game capture for that matter, to work. Audio is working fine, but no video. I've been able to record Skyrim just fine, the capture fullscreen application automatically works for that game, but I can't capture Minecraft. I made sure that I was running on the Nvidia GPU and I tried running as administrator, but I don't know what to do to get it to work otherwise. If anyone more proficient in the software than I knows a fix, that would be great.
Would this help? https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/laptop-black-screen-when-capturing-read-here-first.5965/

Try using capture specific window or capture with hotkey, they give more control.

edwardsjs21

That does not help. Like I said, I've tried switching between both GPUs and I can't seem to get it to work on either. When I do capture with hotkey it still shows nothing when I press the button with it in the foreground.

SpectreKid

That does not help. Like I said, I've tried switching between both GPUs and I can't seem to get it to work on either. When I do capture with hotkey it still shows nothing when I press the button with it in the foreground.
Ill try on my end and give you results.