Black screen on preview but the stream and record fine (after the 29.0 update)

ricardo27t

Usually people has problems tring to capture the game ending up with a black screen. What is happining to me is that I have the game being captured and if a press to record or to stream the video goes on fine on the twitch, but the preview on the program in my pc is black.
If I click on screen and drag something as if I was editing something in the preview it will show the usual screen with the source and all stuff while I'm pressing the mouse button.
My guess is that I'm having some drive issue, but I've tried to unstall and install every drive on my computer but it does not come back to show the preview as I used to stream and the only thing I did diferent on my computer was to update the obs to 29.0 version. (also tried to install the previous version but did not worked)
I've tried every single solution on internet and nothing solved my problem.

Youtube video showing the problem: https://youtu.be/cbdmH3LzdtA

Log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/8X1D2l9jocTpprqG

Not the best english but I hope its clear.

ricardo27t

Screen capture - capture everthing on screen.
If you need capture specific window, use capture window.
I used screen capture in the video just to explain the problem, the obs is working and is capturing the game or windows, I have scenes with overlays and all stuff right. My problem is that, on the interface of the program, specifically the preview area where we see and edit things that goes on recod/stream is black.
if I press record, the video file will show this things right, just like like the video I did. It just don't show on the program, on my obs the screen was black while I was recording the exemple.

koala

It just don't show on the program, on my obs the screen was black while I was recording the exemple.
You are saying the area where we see the mirrored OBS screens in the video was actually black for you locally? Could you make a picture of your monitor with your smartphone while this happens and show this here, so we can see what you did see?

ricardo27t

You are saying the area where we see the mirrored OBS screens in the video was actually black for you locally? Could you make a picture of your monitor with your smartphone while this happens and show this here, so we can see what you did see?

yes, only on my pc is black.

koala

Fascinating. May be it's some kind of issue with your graphics driver. Make sure it's the most recent version, and if it's already the most recent version, uninstall and reinstall it.