Question / Help Black screen help

Nikolai4141

It seems to be whenever I alt tab when I stream or if I go into a game and come out it will just be black the display capture and game capture will go black and wont display anything until I restart OBS and it does it again. Its hard to explain but I can't get around it. I have tried looking up solutions but the problem is most solutions are on a laptop (I have desktop) and they suggest disabling integrated graphics driver or going to Nvidia control panel and forcing integrated graphics. I don't have integrated graphics because I use a ryzen 5. Its hard to explain and I don't know if its allowed because of promoting yourself or something but watch my most recent video ( twitch (DOT) tv/videos/433808158 ) and right at 6 mins when the game loads it goes to black and even after the match is over and the window auto closes, it still is all black. Thanks for any help in advance

tldr: display and game capture go black after alt tab or fullscreen, not a laptop, no integrated graphics
  • ryzen 5 2600
  • gtx 1070
  • win 10 x64

Attachments

• 2019-06-02 23-36-41.txt
    14.7 KB · Views: 35

koala

You have 2 display captures for the same monitor (in different scenes). They compete for the scree, and both collide with game capture as well, if the game goes fullscreen. Only one of these 3 is able to grab the screen. The other two are black at the same time. Remove the others or disable them. And don't try to game capture a fullscreen game and capture the same monitor with display capture at the same time.

Multiple versions of a display capture in different scenes can be achieved by using the "add existing" option during adding the display capture source. Remove one of the two existing display captures and re-add it with "add existing".

Nikolai4141

You have 2 display captures for the same monitor (in different scenes). They compete for the scree, and both collide with game capture as well, if the game goes fullscreen. Only one of these 3 is able to grab the screen. The other two are black at the same time. Remove the others or disable them. And don't try to game capture a fullscreen game and capture the same monitor with display capture at the same time.

Multiple versions of a display capture in different scenes can be achieved by using the "add existing" option during adding the display capture source. Remove one of the two existing display captures and re-add it with "add existing".
Thanks for the help!