Question / Help Black bar at top of stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

icehot

Hi,

I'm testing obs for streaming to twitch and I have a 1920x1200 monitor which I set the resolution to 1920x1080 for streaming. I have set the base resolution to 1920x1080 as well and am using monitor capture. When I do this obs seems to chop off the top part of my screen - it works fine when everything is set to 1920x1200 but don't want to use that due to black bars on twitch. Please see the attached screenshot:
2016-02-11.png

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

FerretBomb

Appears you may be using GPU scaling instead of monitor scaling. So the res is set at 1920x1080, but your GPU is actually sending out a 1920x1200 signal. At least that would seem to be a reasonable cause.

Post a logfile from the Help menu (just Upload, and paste the link it gives you here) so we can see the back-end data. There's a reason it asks for it whenever a new thread is opened in Q&H; we really do need it to be able to help, most times.

icehot

I've done that as well, didn't work, wiped it, reinstalled it, rebooted - no matter what it has that black bar at the top

Apothem

I had the same problem and I found a fix in OBS Studio. Under Settings, Advanced, Video, change Renderer from Direct3D 11 to OpenGL. If you're using OBS Classic, there might be a similar fix.

Harold

If you're using obs classic, you're stuck. There is no renderer selection in classic, and there won't be.

Shakedown St.

Having the same issue, I'm rescaling from 1920X1080P to 1280X720P.

I set the resolution resale in both canvas and scaled, using Lanczos.

I am using OBS Studio for OSX, do not see the renderer option under advanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.