Bitrate drops

moltelloo

HI, i've a problem with my streaming. About every 10 minutes my bitrate drops to 0, my live crash and after 20 seconds the streaming restarts. My internet connection is not amazing (90Mbs download and around 10Mbs in upload). With my connection I can stream 1080p 30fps without promlems. I don't think is an internet connection problem, cause after streaming crashes it restarts at 6000kbs of bitrate. Does anyone know how to fix this promblem?
This is my log

here are some graphs of some streams

Attachments

• First test.png
    First test.png
    100.1 KB · Views: 26
  • second test.png
    second test.png
    113.2 KB · Views: 26
  • third test.png
    third test.png
    116.2 KB · Views: 25

PaiSand

Please review the analizer:

Use this tool to test the quality of your internet connection against Twitch servers:
Once done, please make a screenshoot and post it here. Quality bellow 90 isn't good and may reflect a problem on your ISP, the modem or network cable.

Some times windows decides to not allow a gigabit connection for whatever reason and you need to foce it on the network adapter advanced configuration:
2022-08-02_113700.png

PaiSand

This is my test
The test looks great. Good quality connection.
Test OBS again to see if this behavior continues and upload a new log file.

Based on the images you showed first it looks more like an issue in your ISP. Some times ISPs don't have a constant good connection. And as it's a constant drop in a regular time laps we can conclude the same.
Another issue was the network connection, which may be an issue en the network cable or the ruouter/modem. You can try forcing the gigabit connection in the network controller, change cable, change the port where the cable is connected to the router/modem. If you use a router, try connecting directly to the modem. There's to many thing that could cause an issue like this one.
You can also run the test for the max amount of time it lets you, 5 minutes, and se if it change the results.

moltelloo

The problem persist and this is the new log file
So, I use a Fritzbox 7430 as a router, it's a little bit old and it doesn't have the 1gb port, but it is a very good router. I also tryied to connect my pc to my modem but nothing the problem remains. I'm pretty sure it's an obs problem, but I don't know how to solve it

Attachments

• 1659531905588.png
    1659531905588.png
    95.3 KB · Views: 21

PaiSand

Have you checked the other possible sources of the issue? Network cable, router, modem, force gigabit in the network controller.
And you added a delay to the stream.

Please review completely the analyzer:

moltelloo

I checked the network cable, the router, the modem
I can't use gigabit port on my router 'cause it doesn't have one, and I just tryied to add delay on my stream but it didn't work.

Lawrence_SoCal

Are you doing real-time monitoring of your Operating System and your LAN? ie what else is going on (whether you were expecting it or not) at OS layer, as well as rest of LAN

moltelloo

Thank you all, I found the problem. Sky wifi drops my upload connection every 10 minutes, so I have to contact my ISP

Lawrence_SoCal

WiFi? Your log indicated a wired Ethernet connection (I thought). ? and you mentioned directly connecting to modem?
Sorry, I'm not familiar with 'sky wifi'
Be aware with WiFi, you run the risk of local interference, that your ISP can't help you with. It depends... it may be a simple WiFi change like which channel(s) you are using... or you could have lots of neighbor WiFi, or your own WiFi traffic causing the issue
or is that just the name, and there is no WiFi involved?

Is this Internet service via cellular? or ??
just curious

Moltello

I live in Italy and I can choose my internet provider, so I have Sky wifi (Sky wifi cause the internet provider Is literally Sky). I'm connected with LAN cable from my router to my pc.

PaiSand

And from the router to the modem?
Do you have a fisical connection (cable/fiber optic) to the ISP?

Lawrence_SoCal

And from the router to the modem?
Do you have a fisical physical connection (cable/fiber optic) to the ISP?
re-worded/re-phrased - is the connection to your ISP (Sky) via coax cable, old phone wires (DSL), Fiber optic, or a wireless technology (usually cellular), or ??
I'm assuming "Sky WiFi" is just branding name, or maybe they are providing a combination modem/router, that is also a WiFi access point?
Or is this a WiFi bridge device connecting to another WiFi device which actually has the ISP connection [for example, a friend set up a WiFi bridge system up in the mountains so a bunch of folks cabins could get Internet from a single ISP connection at the 1 property eligible for service]. I mention in case you live in an old/historic area, where a physical cable connection isn't viable, and Sky is using a WiFi bridge connection .. seems unlikely... sorry, but we have 3 different native language folks on this thread, so I know translating can be a challenge sometimes

If Sky did provide a combination 'gateway' unit (modem/router/access point) my comment about monitoring LAN still applies. If the WiFi is on, it is your responsibility to know what is using it (be that other of your devices, or neighbors (whether invited or hacked in), etc). You mentioned an old router, if using old WiFi security, that is trivial to crack, and some folks have reason to use someone else's ISP connection (bandwidth, traffic content, etc they don't want tracked to themselves). I'm not saying that is your problem, just that it is a possibility. And then there are hacked IoT devices, etc.