Bitrate 1500 kbps lock

isageek

Hi!, I can't stream at 3500 kbps bitrate anymore on Twitch (which I had been doing normally), if I try it OBS gives me spikes and bitrate becomes unstable (500~2000 kbps), drops, and turns red and yellow, but if I put the bitrate to 1500 kbps or less, it goes fine and stable. Curiously if I stream on facebook or youtube, I can stream at 3500 kbps stables. The problem only happens when I try to stream on Twitch. I already tried different twitch servers but same result.

100 Mbps download - 10 Mbps upload
Win 10 64 bits
OBS 26.1.1 64 bits
gtx 1060 3Gb
i5 7400
16 Ram
Connect via ethernet
Tried x264 and nvec

FerretBomb

17:33:02.204: Output 'simple_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 8515 (50.9%)
Your connection to the Twitch server cannot sustain 3500kbps. This can change with you making no changes on your end, as 95% of your connection to a server is entirely out of your control.
I'd recommend downloading R1ch's Twitch Test application and running it. You want a server with a Quality score of 90 or better, 100 preferred. If you end up with all zeroes for quality, chances are good that your connection has significant packet loss somewhere, or is being subjected to traffic shaping by your ISP.
You can also download Pingplotter (there is a free version) and pointing it at the ingest you use.
The last hop will ALWAYS be 100% packet loss as Twitch have turned off ICMP traffic on their servers. This is normal.
You'd be looking for a node somewhere between the first and destination with either packet loss (even under 1% can cause major issues with a stream!) or a widely-varying latency bar on the right. It should stand out pretty clearly.

isageek

Your connection to the Twitch server cannot sustain 3500kbps. This can change with you making no changes on your end, as 95% of your connection to a server is entirely out of your control.
I'd recommend downloading R1ch's Twitch Test application and running it. You want a server with a Quality score of 90 or better, 100 preferred. If you end up with all zeroes for quality, chances are good that your connection has significant packet loss somewhere, or is being subjected to traffic shaping by your ISP.
You can also download Pingplotter (there is a free version) and pointing it at the ingest you use.
The last hop will ALWAYS be 100% packet loss as Twitch have turned off ICMP traffic on their servers. This is normal.
You'd be looking for a node somewhere between the first and destination with either packet loss (even under 1% can cause major issues with a stream!) or a widely-varying latency bar on the right. It should stand out pretty clearly.

Thanks for your reply FerretBomb. I made the tests and i get this result. This mean that my ISP is the problem? I can see the widely-varying latency bar that you mention earlier. I attach some pics (that transtelco is my ISP).

Attachments

• test1.png
    test1.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 194
  • test2.png
    test2.png
    65.8 KB · Views: 193

FerretBomb

Thanks for your reply FerretBomb. I made the tests and i get this result. This mean that my ISP is the problem? I can see the widely-varying latency bar that you mention earlier. I attach some pics (that transtelco is my ISP).
That graph actually looks fine, if you took it while streaming. The top of the latency bars is only 68ms, and some variance will always take place. If it was a 300-500ms swing, I'd be suspicious, but that looks just fine. I'd suspect the ingest you're trying to stream to may have a problem.

Actually, speaking of that. What is 'live-video.net'? That isn't a Twitch ingest server. That Pingplotter graph isn't relevant unless you're aiming it at the server you're streaming to, while streaming to it, and the R1ch Twitch Test app will only test to Twitch ingests, if that's a third-party relay server.

The R1ch-test app does show that you have VERY low bandwidth speeds to the Twitch servers, with connection quality issues.

isageek

That graph actually looks fine, if you took it while streaming. The top of the latency bars is only 68ms, and some variance will always take place. If it was a 300-500ms swing, I'd be suspicious, but that looks just fine. I'd suspect the ingest you're trying to stream to may have a problem.

Actually, speaking of that. What is 'live-video.net'? That isn't a Twitch ingest server. That Pingplotter graph isn't relevant unless you're aiming it at the server you're streaming to, while streaming to it, and the R1ch Twitch Test app will only test to Twitch ingests, if that's a third-party relay server.

The R1ch-test app does show that you have VERY low bandwidth speeds to the Twitch servers, with connection quality issues.
Thanks for your reply FerretBomb. I don't understand, that 'live-video.net' is what it show on my recommended ingest endpoints, please take a look, is it different for you?

I'm running Pingplotter again while I'm streaming and aiming to NA: Mexico, Queretaro, the graph looks the same as the one I sent before. This means the ingest may have a problem? The strange thing is that it worked fine a week ago, and that other platforms do not present the problem. Maybe it will be a temporary problem?

Attachments

• ingest.png
    ingest.png
    71.9 KB · Views: 50
  • ping.png
    ping.png
    86.5 KB · Views: 53

BluePeer

it is not strange that it worked a week before.
Internet is a mash of Pipes
and there are contracts from pipe to pipe to reach specific areas (related to the cost)
there are basic 2 reasons for this
1. A Pipe broke on the way and now its a Temporary Overload (This type of issue mostly fixed in 1-3 or 7-14 days related to the reason of destruct)
2. ISP own network is overloaded by to much new customers (this can be a long time problem)

but before we cry check the windows Update log and your Installed software from the time before the issue and where the issue starts
it can be possible that windows made a change of netzwork driver thats relate this type of issue or a software you installed that changed the network settings. there exist a bunch of "Network Optimize and Speedup" software that destroy the network for streaming related requirements

FerretBomb

Thanks for your reply FerretBomb. I don't understand, that 'live-video.net' is what it show on my recommended ingest endpoints, please take a look, is it different for you?
My mistake; it appears that Twitch has changed the domain that ingest servers sit on sometime in the recent past. Normally all of them had names similar to "live-dfw.twitch.tv", but the Kraken listing is showing them at *.contribute.live-video.net today.
I'd not seen the updated names and was suspecting that you might be running through a third-party man-in-the-middle video site, which could cause a problem.

Unfortunately as all of your Quality scores are zero, it is unlikely to be an issue with the ingests. If only one or two were, that would be possible.
At this point with your ping connection looking just fine while streaming, it's much more likely your ISP intentionally shaping your traffic... livestreaming is bandwidth-heavy over an extended period, and bandwidth costs them money.

The easy (but not free) way to test this is to pay for a VPN to a local endpoint OFF your ISP's network. Free VPNs are always very low-bandwidth and not suitable for streaming. Most of the free ones are honeypots set up to steal credentials from any connections passing through them.
You can also TRY streaming to a replicator service like Restream.io, and set it up to stream to Twitch. This would only work if the ISP is explicitly targeting connections to Twitch though, and not RTMP datastreams in general.

opyoxo

Over the last few days I have been experiencing a lot of fluctuations, nothing has changed on my end, its quite strange