Bind To Interface 2 NIC and 2 Gateway

Silencer

Hello,

I do like to say really good job to developers of OBS. I was ex Xsplit user, and fully migrated to OBS, first because it do almost same thing as xsplit, it is free, UI is much more lovely, and above all it have something that Xsplit don't have.

I found OBS only program that have build it "Bind to Interface" Streaming. I have problem because I have 2 internet gateway, one with link 6/1mbit and second 6/6mbit.

Now since we upload the streaming thing, we use our upload, that will make our game lag a bit. I fixed up this problem by just telling up what OBS use for Streaming, and making my Windows default internet 6/1 for gaming, brower, youtube :)

This feature fixed me a lot of problem with my stream. So if you have Two Network Interface Cards, 2 Internet Gateways, you can tell OBS what Network card to use for streaming, so you can free to play without lag on your second internet.

Thanks also for users that provide me this information on obsproject irc chat channel, cus I didn't really get any extra information about this feature :) So I hope this post will explain users what good thing comes from "Bind to Interface" feature.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Glad to have been able to help you out. Thank R1CH for the implementation. He's implemented almost all the awesome network code.

dom3lek

Ok, firstly I'm so sorry that I wrote this for a few months later. I have the same problem, I made one connection default, but OBS don't see that second interface has internet. If you will see my post tell me how did you do it.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
The option is in the advanced section, "Bind to Interface"