Best settings for my setup? HELP

xx7amoud

Hello! My setup is kinda old so I can't find any guides that tells me exactly which settings to choose. Maybe someone can help me and tell me which setting is better for me to stream with obs studio.

Ok here we go:
-> I want to stream 720p/60fps (if possible)

My connection is
connex.png

My Config:
CPU: i5-8400 2.8 GHz 6-Core
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400
GPU: Asus GTX 1060 6GB ROG STRIX
Facecam: Logitech C922

I'd like to stream games like Apex, Rust, ,Warzone, GTA V...
with the Facecam

any thoughts?

carlmmii

Just use Nvenc for your encoder, and make sure to run OBS as admin.

If you have any issues, be sure to post a log file of the recording/stream and it should be possible to narrow down the issue.

xx7amoud

If you have any issues, be sure to post a log file of the recording/stream and it should be possible to narrow down the issue.
can you give me some details about settings should i put? bitrate for example and have good ping also!

xx7amoud

can you give me some details about settings should i put? bitrate for example!

set.png

sett.png

settt.png

carlmmii

Ping will be completely dependent on your connection to your ISP and your connection to the stream ingest server. More important than ping though is the quality of connection to the server in general, as there will always be a delay of more than a few seconds even with low-latency mode. Just make sure to choose a server that you have a good connection to, which will usually be the closest by location.

If you're streaming to twitch, use this tool to get detailed info.

Also, if you're streaming to twitch, these are some baseline settings to use for the encoder:
- CBR
- 6000kbps
- 2sec Keyframe Interval

In addition, to avoid potential problems with CUDA, do not use Max Quality, and leave Lookahead and Psychovisual Tuning unchecked... which based off your current settings, looks like you should just need to uncheck "Améliorations psycho-visuelles".

The 6000kbps is actually a bit of a double-edged sword though. It is the highest officially supported bitrate for normal twitch streams, but unless you're given quality options, it also means that all your viewers will have to deal with a 6000kbps stream. For example, if they're on mobile with lower data rates, that may cause serious issues with buffering.

If you're able to consistently get quality options, this is a non-issue. But otherwise, you may want to stick with a lower bitrate (such as 4500kbps) just to allow for a wider viewing audience.

xx7amoud

Ping will be completely dependent on your connection to your ISP and your connection to the stream ingest server. More important than ping though is the quality of connection to the server in general, as there will always be a delay of more than a few seconds even with low-latency mode. Just make sure to choose a server that you have a good connection to, which will usually be the closest by location.

If you're streaming to twitch, use this tool to get detailed info.

Also, if you're streaming to twitch, these are some baseline settings to use for the encoder:
- CBR
- 6000kbps
- 2sec Keyframe Interval

In addition, to avoid potential problems with CUDA, do not use Max Quality, and leave Lookahead and Psychovisual Tuning unchecked... which based off your current settings, looks like you should just need to uncheck "Améliorations psycho-visuelles".

The 6000kbps is actually a bit of a double-edged sword though. It is the highest officially supported bitrate for normal twitch streams, but unless you're given quality options, it also means that all your viewers will have to deal with a 6000kbps stream. For example, if they're on mobile with lower data rates, that may cause serious issues with buffering.

If you're able to consistently get quality options, this is a non-issue. But otherwise, you may want to stick with a lower bitrate (such as 4500kbps) just to allow for a wider viewing audience.
OMG thank you for your help and the details really appreciated, i have just one last question what about my Webcam settings? any advices?

carlmmii

The C922 has some quirks. There's two ways of dealing with things: UVC drivers (aka no extra drivers except what windows already has), and Logitech software control.

Which method you want comes down to what you need out of your webcam, and how much convenience (or lack thereof...) you want.

The C922 does allow for 720p60 capture, as well as multiple of the same camera connected with very little issue. Unfortunately, the only way I've been able to find that reliably allows for 720p60 capture is to use the UVC drivers. If any Logitech software detects the camera and overrides settings, it will not be possible to get back to 720p60 mode.

For me, this is what enables 720p60:
- 1280x720 resolution (obviously)
- Highest FPS (or any other option for 60fps, as long as OBS's output is set to 60fps)
- In the camera configuration, "Camera Control" tab, deselect Low Light Compensation, and make sure Exposure is set for Auto

I'd also recommend disabling auto focus and auto white balance, but that's a personal preference. I just find it annoying to see those two aspects constantly seeking for no reason when the slightest change happens.

The main drawback of this method though is that UVC settings need to be set after every computer restart. It's a limitation of windows as far as I know.

If you're not in need of 60fps for the webcam, then you can probably use Logitech software to control the webcam settings instead, and that will persist across restarts.

There are two major programs that control the Logitech webcams -- Logitech Capture and Logitech G Hub. Personally, I'm not a fan of Logitech Capture, mainly because it is missing key control features for the Brio, but ymmv.

In G Hub, in order to actually change the webcam settings, you need to select the camera, then Add New Profile (you can't change the default profile settings). From here you should have full control over anything you want to change. Again, I recommend disabling auto focus and auto white balance. Exposure is going to be more of a trial and error situation here though -- you want to have as much exposure as you can without ruining your framerate. If you can't get a good exposure level, then you may need to either add more light in your room, or you'll have to raise your gain to compensate (which will make your image grainy, but will be less of an issue if your webcam takes up less space on screen).

That should cover the basics. Feel free to ask any specifics past this.