hello everyone, so im trying hardly to find the best settings for my obs recorder, everytime i record my video of any game (and when there's a message that's says "video overload") the video turn out very bad fps like 3fps.

So that is my pc settings:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.90 GHz
NVIDEA Geforce 920Mx
16 GB RAM

so what is my problem?
if there's a good setting of obs pls tell me
and thank you :)

Lawrence_SoCal

there are too many recent threads on this same topic to provide pointers. simply do a search on this forum

What is the problem?
real-time video encoding is VERY computationally demanding.
And that is ultra-low power CPU, optimized for battery life, not the computationally demanding task of real-time video encoding.

I recommend monitoring hardware resource (CPU, GPU, RAM, etc) utilization [for ex. using Task manager’s Performance tab and/or Resource Monitor] to see if your system is being maxed out with your settings
I'm assuming a laptop... otherwise I'd advise a GPU upgrade with Turing NVENC, and use GPU encode offload.

so use the automatic settings provided by OBS, and you may have to drop back from that
and make sure your Operating System is optimized (and follow real instructions, not the crap on YouTube but ignorant nincumpoops). Learn how to make sure unnecessary background processes/tasks/services aren't running