Question / Help Best Low Budget GPU?

Surge42

What's up? I'm not a gamer I just want clean video for my YT live streams. I will be putting OBS to the test with transitions and fairly complex scenes I don't need to drop major bucks on a GPU for this reason but I would like the option of using NVEC so I'd like to ask you what you would recommend for a low budget GPU that you recommend for my type of usage. Between $200 $400 is my goal. Thanks in advance for your opinion.

D

Deleted member 121471

GTX 1060 6GB < GTX 1070 < GTX 1070TI ≤ RTX 2060, from cheapest to most expensive, within your budget. The latter has the best iteration of NVENC, in terms of quality per bitrate.

However, if you're not gaming, would need to know your specific use case scenario to know if this sort of GPU is even a justified buy.

Surge42

Much thanks Volfield. I appreciate the fast response. The GTX 170TI was sort of where I was landing. I'm assuming on board RAM has less of an impact vs chip speed. Yes? I will reply back with more specs on my system. I'm looking for solid mobo with two M.2 slots. I'm leaning towards a Tomahawk. I dunno man it's a fairly daunting task figuring out the best power for the money. The bottom line is I have a 1,500 budget and I want a box that will remain powerful for 5 to 8 years. I'm sticking with AMD.

D

Deleted member 121471

If you're looking for an entirely new system, I recommend waiting for the new ryzen CPU and AMD NAVI GPU lineups coming out really soon and checking performance tests on the latter.

$1500 should be more than enough to get 2nd Generation Ryzen CPU with 12-16 cores, mid-high range Navi/GTX/RTX GPU and 2x 8GB ≥3000MHz RAM sticks with tight timings (samsung B-die preferred), specially now that GPU and RAM prices are slated to drop something like 30% over the next few months, unless Bitcoin prices jack up the prices yet again. Don't cheap out on the power supply either, Seasonic is the brand I recommend.

You cannot futureproof a computer though so my signature applies in spades.

Last edited by a moderator:

Surge42

Here's my specs / plan so far. We both agree on the power supply. I used the wrong words when I said, "future proof" All I want is the ability to use 3000 series AMD chips with the mobo. I also think it might be a good Idea to have two M.2 slots. Do you agree? I think the Tomahawk mobo is not a optimum choice. I'd love to hear you thinking on that.

1. Fractal Design Fractal D5 - Computer case (No bullsh*t solid design, fan noise is very quiet. I don't want hear fans during live streams)
  2. WD Blue 4TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 5400 RPM (low and slow long term storage 5400 RPM)
  3. G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (Fast as hell RAM) You said Samsung B-Die? Hmmm.)
  4. MSI GeForce 1070 Ti 8GB Graphics Card (- I'm not sure I need this power this is up for debate) These cards are so damn expensive.
  5. Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750FX 750W Gold
  6. Samsung SSD
  7. Samsung 960 PRO M.2 512GB NVMe
  8. MSI Arsenal Gaming B450 TOMAHAWK AM4 AMD B450 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard (I'm not 100% on this choice.)
  9. AMD Ryzen 7 3.7Ghz (Yes it can be overclocked but I'm not gonna do it - I don't want to deal with the heat / fan management I'll get a 3000 series later.)
Do you think it would be better to save money with 16GB RAM chips or should I splurge and just get 64GB?

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help on this.

D

Deleted member 121471

I'll reply via private message since topic is outside the scope of OBS support.