Beep when starting and stopping stream with hotkeys

Xyber

It would be great if you could add a small beep when you start or stop a stream with hotkeys. Right now I can't be 100% sure if the stream has started unless I tab out and some games has a tendency to crash when tabbing out of them.

Also some sound if there's a connection error, without a second monitor it's hard to know if the stream is actually working properly or not.

And nothing loud and annoying, just something small that lets you know the stream is going.

Xyber

micechal said:
In the time being that it's not in OBS yet, you could create a simple script in AutoHotkey (free) using SoundPlay or SoundBeep function that would play a sound when a hotkey is pressed :)

That wouldn't really help since I do know when I press the button. I just want to know if the software has registered it and has started the stream.

micechal

Maybe after some time there will be simple scripting implemented in OBS? Something like doing something when something is 1 and something else when it's 0. A simple metadata system, like the one from foobar. You can then make something like if streamstarted==1, then PlaySound :D But I don't think it's worth developing at all.

Xyber

micechal said:
Maybe after some time there will be simple scripting implemented in OBS? Something like doing something when something is 1 and something else when it's 0. A simple metadata system, like the one from foobar. You can then make something like if streamstarted==1, then PlaySound :D But I don't think it's worth developing at all.

Haha, yeah. Seems easier to just add the option for a sound than a whole scripting system. :P

Muf

Forum Moderator
As a workaround you can enable error sounds in Windows so you will hear a sound when there is an error starting the stream. So instead of hearing a sound when the stream starts up successfully, you hear a sound when the stream doesn't start. Seems like an acceptable workaround to me?