Backup OBS settings, scenes and profiles

valermy

hi guys and girls, ill have to format my pc but i dont want to do all my settings , scenes and profiles again... theres a way to backup all before i format my pc?

Thanks!

WBE

Go to File, Show Settings Folder and Show Profile Folder and backup the contents. Please be aware that any images (including image masks for filters), media sources etc. are only referenced. They should be backed up separately.

Banyarola

This is what I did when I moved to Windows 10...I think it would be the same for your situation...

guthrie

Can I really just copy and then overwrite everything in the Settings folder? It has plugin_config, and other thigns that seem like they may be version specific.

Warfu

Can I really just copy and then overwrite everything in the Settings folder? It has plugin_config, and other thigns that seem like they may be version specific.
In that case, it would be ok to install first the OBS version you were using with your settings, and then, update the program to the latest OBS in the Help tab > Check updates. That way, your settings would be translated to the newest version.