Question / Help [Avermedia] Weird audio echo from device - how to fix? :(

i_br4d

Hello everyone - for some reason I have this really weird audio echo from my Avermedia LGP lite. I have it set up so it goes from PS4 > Avermedia, TV > Avermedia, Avermedia > laptop, all with HDMI obviously. I have tried messing with some audio settings in OBS but it doesn't stop it. When I completely mute all audio in the game itself then the echo goes away, so I don't know what's happening :/

I'll attach the log of my current OBS settings:
https://obsproject.com/logs/bpF02SJs_rHrBc_M

Here's also a youtube video of the problem, as you can hear the sound if completely awful... https://youtu.be/h1suy0t8iZ8

Is it possibly just the noises from the game don't go well? Because if I put the sound effects to 0 it stops.....

Maybe someone here can help me because I honestly have no idea :( Thanks in advance and if you need anything else, let me know!

Last edited:

Narcogen

20:09:55.766: Audio monitoring device:
20:09:55.766: name: Default

You are sending the output of audio devices that you are monitoring to your default audio device.

20:09:56.658: - source: 'Avermedia' (dshow_input)
20:09:56.658: - monitoring: monitor and output

I think you are sending the audio output of the Avermedia to the monitoring device as well as the stream output.

20:09:56.504: WASAPI: Device 'Speakers / Headphones (Realtek Audio)' initialized

You have your default system output configured to be part of your capture.

Either don't capture your Windows default audio, don't monitor the Avermedia source, or don't use your system default audio output as your monitoring device.

You may find it useful to install Voicemeeter Banana, as this will give you a virtual audio device to use to separate your default system audio from your OBS monitor, so that even if you need to hear both, you won't be capturing the monitor output.

i_br4d

Hi @Narcogen, thanks for the reply! How would I change the settings you mentioned so it doesn't keep sending the output of audio devices to the default audio device? I have also tried muting desktop audio, but if I do that then no sound comes out at all, or even gets recorded :/
I messed with some of the options for how it gets output but it didn't work either

"Either don't capture your Windows default audio, don't monitor the Avermedia source, or don't use your system default audio output as your monitoring device. " how do I do this as well? or would Voicemeter Banana help fix it? :P

Thanks again!

Last edited:

Narcogen

In Edit > Advanced Audio Properties you can choose which of your audio sources has monitoring on.

In Settings > Audio you can choose which device monitored audio is sent to.

i_br4d

Thanks, so I tried messing around more with those settings, same noise is still there. To be honest, I have no idea if it's actually just the avermedia not picking up some of the sounds in Sekiro very well or what.... anything else I could maybe try?

These are my advanced audio settings: even if I change the monitor options on the Avermedia, the noise remains :/
1559069563654.png

Here's the audio settings:
1559069621009.png

Does anything look weird here?

Narcogen

Well you've got the Avermedia set to both output and monitor, and your mic/aux device is "default" which means you're probably going to hear an echo if your output monitor is your default audio device.

You've also not assigned the Avermedia to any tracks, which means if you try and record or stream it will not appear.

You can record multiple tracks but only stream one, so you have to have at least one track with ALL the audio devices you want to stream with, and have that track be the one selected to be used for stream output.