Question / Help AverMedia LGP Lite (GL310) not recognized on OBS

incendiotorus

Hello!

I recently purchased an AverMedia LGP Lite (GL310) for the purpose of streaming. I have a mid-2012, 13" Macbook Pro, and I downloaded the appropriate application and drivers for the AverMedia game capture card. I also downloaded the most recent version of OBS. When I open OBS and try to add a source, the capture card does not show up as an option under "Video Capture Device." It only shows my computer's webcam as a possible option to click. I know the capture card works because I have tried it with my parents' old HP laptop, so I am not sure why it doesn't work/show up on my Macbook.

Any help or suggestions would be great!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-19 at 8.20.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-19 at 8.20.42 PM.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 912

Narcogen

Avermedia's page for this device indicates it is "only compatible with 3rd party applications on Windows".

They do not supply MacOS drivers. To use this device on MacOS you will need to use their software.

To use OBS on MacOS with an Avermedia device, you would need the LGP2.

"*Live Gamer Portable 2 supports Mac OS with 3rd party APs such as OBS, Quicktime, but not with RECentral AP."

https://www.avermedia.com/gaming/product/game_capture/lgp_lite

incendiotorus

Avermedia's page for this device indicates it is "only compatible with 3rd party applications on Windows".

They do not supply MacOS drivers. To use this device on MacOS you will need to use their software.

To use OBS on MacOS with an Avermedia device, you would need the LGP2.

"*Live Gamer Portable 2 supports Mac OS with 3rd party APs such as OBS, Quicktime, but not with RECentral AP."

https://www.avermedia.com/gaming/product/game_capture/lgp_lite

Thank you so much for the help! That explains a lot. Do you think I could run Windows on Macbook and have it work? Or would it still not register/read the card... :(

Narcogen

That should work, yes.

You can also run their software and capture the window, but window capture on MacOS is not particularly performant.

incendiotorus

That should work, yes.

You can also run their software and capture the window, but window capture on MacOS is not particularly performant.

Thank you! I will try to run Windows on my Macbook and hope that works. If not, I'll try the window capture as an alternative!

JarvRule

Hello!

I also have a MacBook that I thought I could use my AverMedia Lite with.

I've managed to install windows onto my mac but it still can't find the device when plugged in using StreamLabs OBS.
Is there anything else you did after installing Windows?

Many thanks!

Narcogen

StreamLabs provides support for SLOBS.

And if you were using OBS studio, the proper forum for this question is here once you've restarted into Boot Camp:

ArslanRuslan

Hey guys, we had issue with GL310 until we installed specific version of StreamEngine for it to work. Date:2016-01-13 Version:Stream Engine v1.3.0.13 (Beta).
It works now in OBS 64-bit, Windows 10 64bit.