Auxiliary "M/E" video output/Loopback

DavidMontesin

Hi All,

I've been wanting obs to have a feature that will allow multiple video mixes and the ability to output them to displays. For example, have a broadcast showing one scene and also output to a screen that shows a different scene. With the ability to independently switch them via separate multiviews and keyboard shortcuts.

I also think that being able to loop those auxiliary output into a scene can clean up obs scenes and make it easier to manage. Currently if i want to be able to have a multiple source scene and i want to switch between cameras i need to duplicate the scene and edit the sources. This can clutter obs and be hard to manage especially when having to switch multiple layers or having different scene designs. I've included screenshots of what multiview looks like now with having to have multiple scenes for the same layout but with different sources and also what it could look like with this feature added.

Thanks,

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 7.21.28 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 7.23.34 pm.png

jzammuto

I'd also like to see this feature. I use OBS in place of professional video switchers, and having an auxiliary video mix would be a great feature to have for situations where there is one mix being streamed/broadcast while a separate mix is output to a projector.

mattbatt

Darn I was hoping this had already been solved. I need to broadcast a graduation service and they want to play videos locally to a projector and but not show the camera locally. I was hoping there was a way to say "hey OBS these 3 video playback things I want you to send them out to Monitor 2 and show black the rest of the time."
So now I guess I'll head further down the splitting VLC into a split window mode or maybe LibreOffice impress in Presentation mode...
DARN!!

mattbatt

To solve your second issue first. instead of adding a camera source add all of them and and hide all but the one you want to use but unhiding cameras doesn't have a nice fade it's a snap transition. SO if you had two identical scenes with all the cameras in both you could use studio mode and unhide the camera you want in the preview window and then transition them back and forth.
Besides you don't have to duplicate the whole scene you could make a template scene with an area ready to accept a camera feed on top. Then make a new scene for each camera that has the template scene as a source and the camera you want on top. That way if you need to adjust anything in the template you only have to do it once.

mattbatt

As for your First question this is the workaround I came up with for my similar need for an video aux out.

fgraux

Hi All,

I've been wanting obs to have a feature that will allow multiple video mixes and the ability to output them to displays. For example, have a broadcast showing one scene and also output to a screen that shows a different scene. With the ability to independently switch them via separate multiviews and keyboard shortcuts.

I also think that being able to loop those auxiliary output into a scene can clean up obs scenes and make it easier to manage. Currently if i want to be able to have a multiple source scene and i want to switch between cameras i need to duplicate the scene and edit the sources. This can clutter obs and be hard to manage especially when having to switch multiple layers or having different scene designs. I've included screenshots of what multiview looks like now with having to have multiple scenes for the same layout but with different sources and also what it could look like with this feature added.

Thanks,

View attachment 52387View attachment 52388
Hi David,
don't know if you solved your request.
If not, why don't you use 2 obs instances to manage an aux output ?
You can have the aux obs outputing NDI to the main (or M/E1) one...
Please take a look to my git repo, that blinds muliples obs & CCG & other tools within node websocket :
best regards