Automate 24/7 Stream for a scheduled Playlist

bcoyle

I see that there were some people checking it out. Have to say sorry. I run this on my laptop and am doing stability checks. I had only programmed it until midnight last night and didn't notice. So I scheduled another 4 days (24x4 half hour programs) . Took my app 6 seconds to do that.

I also get the feeling you would like this thread to disappear.
Incredibly weird assumptions after I've now wished you luck twice in addition to very clearly stating in my last post that the old one was purely stating surprise that people were still trying to reinvent the wheel, nothing more. Maybe third time is the charm, but I wish you luck on your project...
I've looked at your other posts
... as well as your other extracurricular activities.

bcoyle

Incredibly weird assumptions after I've now wished you luck twice in addition to very clearly stating in my last post that the old one was purely stating surprise that people were still trying to reinvent the wheel, nothing more. Maybe third time is the charm, but I wish you luck on your project...

... as well as your other extracurricular activities.
thanks for your well wishes

Gary0318

I’m trying to establish a 24/7 broadcast of my music and other content. It isn’t critical for it to be up 24/7 just yet as I’m not promoting it yet. If you need someone to alpha or beta test, I’d be happy to oblige.

bcoyle

I’m trying to establish a 24/7 broadcast of my music and other content. It isn’t critical for it to be up 24/7 just yet as I’m not promoting it yet. If you need someone to alpha or beta test, I’d be happy to oblige.
Hi Gary, tell me a little more about yourself and what you are trying to do. Also how much and what kind of content do you have. it takes a lot of content to fill up a 24/7 channel? youtube, twitch,facebook? Just music, not music video?

Gary0318

Hi Gary, tell me a little more about yourself and what you are trying to do. Also how much and what kind of content do you have. it takes a lot of content to fill up a 24/7 channel? youtube, twitch,facebook? Just music, not music video?
The content will be repetitive. It’s intended to just be the good old-fashioned “broadcast” concept rather than “on-demand” because lots of people still gravitate towards that. I intend to be doing regular podcasts and interviews in the near future. But, while the machine isn’t being used for podcasts, I want OBS to run a continuous livestream of my music compositions and related documentary content. Once a day I would switch parts of the programming out… one song for another, one documentary for another.

I also want to be able to schedule prerecorded events that will be special interviews that I have produced, and perhaps air them on a periodic basis (ie, once daily, once weekly, etc.

Music videos, not just music…

I’ll be traveling the country in an RV, doing many interviews with people from all walks of life. I will also regularly assemble photographic and video productions from past and current shooting. The content will grow rapidly and become less repetitive.

For now, assembling a few hours of content, looping it, and modifying (changing content) it daily will suffice for all audiences that want to tune in on occasion at their liesure will suffice. Live chats will probably be employed to make it interactive. As the content grows in volume, I’ll adapt and end up running a 24 hour cycle to repeat. We shall see where it leads.

Now that I have retired from computer programming it is time for me to create and share prolifically as I have wanted to do all my life.

Obviously I have a server with a couple gigabytes of bandwidth to send my productions to.

This is content from before retiring… it’s going to start growing rapidly:

Thanks, so much, for getting back to me.

bcoyle

@Gary0318
Let me understand this:
1. You have a server (in the cloud?) similar to restream to send to youtube and also anyone else that has the server rtmp url?
2 You have a local machine (this is WINDOWS ONLYy) .
3. You will have a running obs able to stream to your server.
4. you have some other app for your podcast . not using obs and deckllink. or you want to use obs for the podcasts.
5. you want my app to be able to schedule obs for different programs at scheduled times. (half hour bounties for example)
6. you want obs to stop streaming at certain times? automatically or with your finger on the stream on-off button
7. you want to schedule on fixed times , like hogans hero at 9pm. and 9:30
8. if your content is shorter than the timeslot, do you want to fill in the extra time with content.
9. Are you doing PSAs or Ads?

Mostly the question is, when you want to do a podcast, what do you want my program to do when you go live?

here is my current TEST 24/7 broadcast

Gary0318

@Gary0318
Let me understand this:
1. You have a server (in the cloud?) similar to restream to send to youtube and also anyone else that has the server rtmp url?
2 You have a local machine (this is WINDOWS ONLYy) .
3. You will have a running obs able to stream to your server.
4. you have some other app for your podcast . not using obs and deckllink. or you want to use obs for the podcasts.
5. you want my app to be able to schedule obs for different programs at scheduled times. (half hour bounties for example)
6. you want obs to stop streaming at certain times? automatically or with your finger on the stream on-off button
7. you want to schedule on fixed times , like hogans hero at 9pm. and 9:30
8. if your content is shorter than the timeslot, do you want to fill in the extra time with content.
9. Are you doing PSAs or Ads?

Mostly the question is, when you want to do a podcast, what do you want my program to do when you go live?

here is my current TEST 24/7 broadcast
1. right now I am using the multiple stream plugin to broadcast to services like rumble and youtube. I will end up using restream.io later.
2. My local machine running obs 64bit is windows 10.
3. yes
4. I will use obs for the podcast.
5. correct
6. when I do the podcasts I can manually stop the schedule. No need to automate for that.
7. correct. But. it won't always fall on half hour or hour mark. It can vary.
8. It would be enough to fill the extra time with a 60 second looped video, or image.
9. It will be PSAs. I won't likely have advertising unless I get quite popular. LOL

I would like to be able to hit a button to disable the scheule when I do a podcast. When I finish the podcast, I would hit the button to start the scheduler back up. I think maybe the easiest thing to do here, is have the scheduled material on one particular scene in obs, so that the scheduler could actially continue to update that scene, even if during the podcast, I am on other scenes. Perhaps, the idea of "disabling the scheduler" would just mean disabling the scheduler's auto-switch to that scene. Once I reenable the scheduler, the scheduler would just auto-switch to its designated scene,. I don't know what you have programmed so far... this is just how I visualize it. But, at it's simplest, I would just need to be able to do my podcast live and then turn the scheduler back on.

I'm not sure if you intended that youtube link for me.

bcoyle

1. right now I am using the multiple stream plugin to broadcast to services like rumble and youtube. I will end up using restream.io later.
2. My local machine running obs 64bit is windows 10.
3. yes
4. I will use obs for the podcast.
5. correct
6. when I do the podcasts I can manually stop the schedule. No need to automate for that.
7. correct. But. it won't always fall on half hour or hour mark. It can vary.
8. It would be enough to fill the extra time with a 60 second looped video, or image.
9. It will be PSAs. I won't likely have advertising unless I get quite popular. LOL

I would like to be able to hit a button to disable the scheule when I do a podcast. When I finish the podcast, I would hit the button to start the scheduler back up. I think maybe the easiest thing to do here, is have the scheduled material on one particular scene in obs, so that the scheduler could actially continue to update that scene, even if during the podcast, I am on other scenes. Perhaps, the idea of "disabling the scheduler" would just mean disabling the scheduler's auto-switch to that scene. Once I reenable the scheduler, the scheduler would just auto-switch to its designated scene,. I don't know what you have programmed so far... this is just how I visualize it. But, at it's simplest, I would just need to be able to do my podcast live and then turn the scheduler back on.

I'm not sure if you intended that youtube link for me.
yes the link was for you to see the stream in action. My app (it's called Cast-tor) is not designed to pause, stop yes but not pause. You can stop the schedule but when restarted must restart from the beginning to get the timing down right. You can have obs send to a NDi link over to your copy of yourtube and then you can do anything you want. You can schedule lets say at 9pm to stop streaming for 30 minutes and then turn on again. You could use decklink during that time to do your thing. Or you could stop the scheduler, do your thing for 40 minutes, then put the scheduler in the run this for me now mode and when near the hour mark schedule it back to full station run mode. I suppose in the future i could add a "don't SEND COMMANDS MODE FOR LIVE PODCASTs mode. It would continue to think it was sending but wasn't. Have to think about it, it's more hybrid in it's mode. But would add more capibility to live programing. Casttor could do everything else you mentioned, no problem.
oh what time zone are you in?

bcoyle

In the station mode, you can just not have a program scheduled for your podcast time slot and it will just do nothing for the hour or so that you set. You then run you podcast, make sure you fill up the hour and you're good to go. I think that is easiest. it's probably hard for you do understand my comments, because you don't know the program. RU RV'ing currently?

Gary0318

In the station mode, you can just not have a program scheduled for your podcast time slot and it will just do nothing for the hour or so that you set. You then run you podcast, make sure you fill up the hour and you're good to go. I think that is easiest. it's probably hard for you do understand my comments, because you don't know the program. RU RV'ing currently?
I get it. That does actually sound easier and more obvious. I think that if I was sitting in front of the software, I would probably have intuitively done just that. Not currently RVing. I've filled 7 trunks with audio/video and music gear, and am now trying to figure out what Class A to get, and whether or not to customize a studio desk in it.

Gary0318

yes the link was for you to see the stream in action. My app (it's called Cast-tor) is not designed to pause, stop yes but not pause. You can stop the schedule but when restarted must restart from the beginning to get the timing down right. You can have obs send to a NDi link over to your copy of yourtube and then you can do anything you want. You can schedule lets say at 9pm to stop streaming for 30 minutes and then turn on again. You could use decklink during that time to do your thing. Or you could stop the scheduler, do your thing for 40 minutes, then put the scheduler in the run this for me now mode and when near the hour mark schedule it back to full station run mode. I suppose in the future i could add a "don't SEND COMMANDS MODE FOR LIVE PODCASTs mode. It would continue to think it was sending but wasn't. Have to think about it, it's more hybrid in it's mode. But would add more capibility to live programing. Casttor could do everything else you mentioned, no problem.
oh what time zone are you in?
I'm EST

bcoyle

I get it. That does actually sound easier and more obvious. I think that if I was sitting in front of the software, I would probably have intuitively done just that. Not currently RVing. I've filled 7 trunks with audio/video and music gear, and am now trying to figure out what Class A to get, and whether or not to customize a studio desk in it.
What is a class A?

bcoyle

The current casttor beta program is now under test by BETA user #1, Danny. This is going to be a fun ride., LOL, wish us luck.