Automate 24/7 Stream for a scheduled Playlist

ledaouk

Hi,
What is the best workflow to automate obs streaming a scheduled playlist
Hi,

What is the best workflow to automate obs streaming a scheduled playlist that will be managed by an in-house application, I did a workaround by adding a scene with vlc source form a directory and I tried to drop files in this folder continuously but it seems the vlc source will play only clips located when starting, does creating multiple scene and trying to auto switch them will help in this case?
Or any better ideas, I’m able to create dynamically xml, json or any kind of playlist files, but how can obs read these playlist after updating them?
And is there any way to make playlist with specific time? Os it ca run a specific file at a specific time?
One more doubt what about automating some overlay graphics or some alsfa .mov files on a specific time?
Thank you for your advices.
Regards.

that will be managed by an in-house application, I did a workround

Complete automation playlists would be the BEST professional add-on to OBS. I run a TV channel, and I need to play commercials from time to time, like a playlist of commercials, choosed randomly inside a major playlist of the program videos. A scheduled playlist that would fit time exactly would also be a dream. How to do that in VLC ? We could automate VLC and send it to OBS.

bihproduction

Hi,
What is the best workflow to automate obs streaming a scheduled playlist
Hi,

What is the best workflow to automate obs streaming a scheduled playlist that will be managed by an in-house application, I did a workaround by adding a scene with vlc source form a directory and I tried to drop files in this folder continuously but it seems the vlc source will play only clips located when starting, does creating multiple scene and trying to auto switch them will help in this case?
Or any better ideas, I’m able to create dynamically xml, json or any kind of playlist files, but how can obs read these playlist after updating them?
And is there any way to make playlist with specific time? Os it ca run a specific file at a specific time?
One more doubt what about automating some overlay graphics or some alsfa .mov files on a specific time?
Thank you for your advices.
Regards.

that will be managed by an in-house application, I did a workround

Hi,
Did any one has idea or video tutorial for this question. I have same problem how to schedule time to time video advertising to play with OBS.
Thank you

Tormy

Complete automation playlists would be the BEST professional add-on to OBS. I run a TV channel, and I need to play commercials from time to time, like a playlist of commercials, choosed randomly inside a major playlist of the program videos. A scheduled playlist that would fit time exactly would also be a dream. How to do that in VLC ? We could automate VLC and send it to OBS.
I'm also waiting something like that.
On the radio side, I use SAM Braodcaster.
But on video side, it' harder without an automation that enables this.
Any news for an upcoming plugin?

rail5

Can someone describe what featureset they are looking for in such an addition? What are the different things you want to be able to do?
Well personally I'm looking for what the OP described, being able to select some kind of either folder or dynamic playlist, which I could update as the stream is still running. At the moment selecting a folder loads the folder's contents into memory, and doesn't notice when new files are added

If I could dynamically update a folder or (even better) a playlist, I'd be able to run scripts which could automate specific re-runs, as opposed to repeating the same playlist from the beginning in the same order, and I could intervene when there's new material to broadcast

DrRW

I'm adding my name to the list as well. This would be a huge addition to the abilities of OBS. If this feature could allow for the adding of videos for scheduled play-out, a person could have episodes separated by ads, etc. Thanks for considering this.

There might be a solution, but it would require some work to set up. Let me try to explain:
One Scene for Game Footage
One Scene for Ads
Both use their own VLC.
You need to know how long your segment of ads is.
You need to know how long you want to show Footage.
If you want to change the length of footage or ads shown, you can do so.

You can capture a VLC Window directly, using it like a camera for the shown footage. you can flexibly edit your playlist from inside VLC and VLC will play it. In addition, you can use all the controlling interfaces VLC has to offer, one could eventually be used by your in-house application.

Switching between the Scenes can be done inside OBS using Advanced Scene Switchers capability of Sequences. It will keep switching to the Scene you told it after the time you told it.

Another possible way to switch is to use the OBSCommand Tool. This is a way of controlling OBS over the command line using OBSWebsocket Plugin. When you have these set up (its really easy, they are well documented) you can use the Windows Task Scheduler to create Tasks to have OBSCommand switch the Scenes, Sources, start/stop recording or streaming at the time you want it. Windows Task Scheduler is Command Line controllable, too, which can be used to change, add or delete Tasks. Maybe your In-House Software is capable of doing this. If not, Z-TaskHelp as another GUI for the Windows Task Scheduler can possibly help.

Kaian32

I created a account just to add my name on this thread, I spent days and days searching for a good free automation software for Radio and TV, for the radio side I use PlayIt Live, and I use obs just to stream the video to restream.io, but PlayIt Live only works with audio files, so for video I have to manually switch between ads and videos, the only solution that I have found is to render the videos with the Id`s, ads and all of that stuff. If OBS have a automation plugin, with the abilities to put a specific file in a specific time, for example, run a interview program at 10 pm, put ads and Id`s between parts, and then, at the end change to a waiting scene until 11pm to broadcast a Sports program, and then run random programs with breaks, that would be awesome! I think this is a feature that will help some part of the entire stream community and make other people want to start making 24/7 streams!

Tormy

I created a account just to add my name on this thread, I spent days and days searching for a good free automation software for Radio and TV, for the radio side I use PlayIt Live, and I use obs just to stream the video to restream.io, but PlayIt Live only works with audio files, so for video I have to manually switch between ads and videos, the only solution that I have found is to render the videos with the Id`s, ads and all of that stuff. If OBS have a automation plugin, with the abilities to put a specific file in a specific time, for example, run a interview program at 10 pm, put ads and Id`s between parts, and then, at the end change to a waiting scene until 11pm to broadcast a Sports program, and then run random programs with breaks, that would be awesome! I think this is a feature that will help some part of the entire stream community and make other people want to start making 24/7 streams!
Right. I just looking for a kind of SAM Broadcaster but with video.
It will be nice to:
- Create categories and assign videos to them
- Events: at certain date/time a playlist or a live, starts
- Clockwheel Rotation base on files/categories/playlists

Re-Aktor

Hello everyone, I also need a playlist plugin with playing files at the right time. Perhaps a playlist that will show how much one or another video or scene will play is suitable. I would like the playlist to embed the playback of videos over time using one or another scene. For example, I need to play commercials without specific elements (chat, donations), and with use certain video elements. Indeed, the playlist plugin is very much in demand.