Auto-Play media file on a set schedule?

TonyBlue87

I'm going to be doing a 24-hour stream and I would like to have a series of "coming up next" videos to play on top of the scene throughout the stream. I can add all the videos as individual sources and play them manually, but is there a way/plugin to auto-play media files on a predetermined schedule? So having a way to say "at 1:00PM, play this, at 2:00PM, this" so that I don't have to manually trigger them throughout the broadcast.

Edit: I tried using Advanced Task Scheduler to send a keyboard hotkey, but it didn't work. Doesn't seem like OBS wants to listen to it.

Last edited:

AaronD

1685571994024.png

You might also want one or more of these:
1685572142148.png

I use it as shown in my rigs, because I usually show a single video and then switch back to whichever camera I came from. Depending on what you're doing, you might need to specify which video and which scene to follow it with, and have a separate macro for each of those.

TonyBlue87

I hadn't looked into Advanced Scene Switcher yet and didn't know it had scheduling in it! Thanks! I will definitely try this out.

tjones1897

View attachment 94643
You might also want one or more of these:
View attachment 94645
I use it as shown in my rigs, because I usually show a single video and then switch back to whichever camera I came from. Depending on what you're doing, you might need to specify which video and which scene to follow it with, and have a separate macro for each of those.
Hiya, does switching the scene automatically play the video? And how would you trigger the switch back once ended?

AaronD

does switching the scene automatically play the video?
Normally, yes.

how would you trigger the switch back once ended?
The trigger to switch to something else is already shown above. But if you just want it to loop, there's a checkbox for that in the video properties, right next to where you give it the file to play.

I think my "ending" trigger still works if it's set to loop, so think through how you want the entire system to work, and make sure it does work that way. Test profusely before you rely on it!

tjones1897

All good! Thanks so much for this. 4 Macros and its done! Just have to drop my video into the source once edited and it goes out automatically to FB which stats its stream - through an event - at the intended time.