Audio Unable to Record at 320kbps

KyleSinko

My recordings from OBS never seem to record audio higher than 192kbps, despite the settings being set for 320kbps.
Been playing with this for a while. I am using a Rode NT2A condensor mic with a Focusrite scarlet interface.

Here are my OBS settings:

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG

Here is a typical recording at 192kbps, despite using the settings above.
5.JPG

I have attached a log after opening OBS.

I have installed the ItunesCoreAudioAAC and I can see in the log that it's being run "19:09:12.402: [CoreAudio encoder]: Adding CoreAudio AAC encoder"

Not too sure what else to do and could use your help.
Thanks

Attachments

• 2022-04-30 19-09-11.txt
    11.4 KB · Views: 16

koala

The audio of the track used for streaming is subject to Settings->Stream->ignore streaming service setting recommendations. If this isn't checked, track 1 will go no higher than the configured bitrate in Settings->Stream.
Activating this setting isn't recommended, however it will enable every audio bitrate.

If you also want to stream and respect the streaming service recommendations, create 2 audio tracks (1 and 2) with exactly the same source configuration. Use track 1 for streaming (as in Settings->Output->Streaming->Audio Track) and use track 2 for recording (as in Settings->Output->Recording->Audio track). Track 1 will be encoded with the lower streaming service bitrate and track 2 will be your 320 kbit.