Webster

I have my save as the mpv or whatever it’s called to allow for multiple audio tracks.

my desktop audio goes to track 1 and mic is supposed to go to track 2. Then I have a track 3 that records then at the same time. However, my microphone never gets recorded even though mic audio is being registered. When i put them both on track 1, my mic does then record. I want the option to have gameplay audio only or gameplay audio with my microphone recordings too.

I use VLC player to open my recordings, but when try change audio track to track 2, only one audio track (track 1) can be seen. this is my main issue.

Any help is much appreciated,
Thank you

FerretBomb

Most likely, make sure that in Settings->Output->Recording, you have each of the tracks you want to record checked. Even if they're set up in Advanced Audio Properties, if they're unchecked in Output, they won't be recorded (I'm recording 1-5 here):

1614725746527.png

Webster

Most likely, make sure that in Settings->Output->Recording, you have each of the tracks you want to record checked. Even if they're set up in Advanced Audio Properties, if they're unchecked in Output, they won't be recorded (I'm recording 1-5 here):

View attachment 68408
You are a legend. Thank you so much.

For anyone else having the same problem, it's worth noting that if your output tab does not look like this ^, make sure the output mode is 'Advanced' and not 'Simple'.

Thank you again.

FerretBomb

You are a legend. Thank you so much.

For anyone else having the same problem, it's worth noting that if your output tab does not look like this ^, make sure the output mode is 'Advanced' and not 'Simple'.

Thank you again.
Ahhhh. Yeah, Simple mode doesn't allow multitrack. It's an open request to add that to Simple mode, since 99%+ of people do NOT need Advanced mode... except for the multitrack audio.
Here's the Suggestion on the ideas board, if you want to upvote it and increase the chances of its implementation:

TenthCuppaJoe

I have this same problem but this fix did not work. Only track 1 records regardless of which output I set to track 1. I have all tracks checked in Settings->Output->Recording (I tried just tracks 1 and 2 but that didn't work so just checked them all in desperation). If I set both my sources to track 1 in Advanced Audio Properties, they all record so I know both sources are working but I have not been able to find any way to get each source on a separate track. I have tried .mkv and .mp4 outputs and I have tried both encoders listed (x264 and QuickSync H.264).

Much thanks to anyone for your help.

Attachments

• output.jpg
    output.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 54
  • properties.jpg
    properties.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 53

FerretBomb

I have this same problem but this fix did not work. Only track 1 records regardless of which output I set to track 1. I have all tracks checked in Settings->Output->Recording (I tried just tracks 1 and 2 but that didn't work so just checked them all in desperation). If I set both my sources to track 1 in Advanced Audio Properties, they all record so I know both sources are working but I have not been able to find any way to get each source on a separate track. I have tried .mkv and .mp4 outputs and I have tried both encoders listed (x264 and QuickSync H.264).

Much thanks to anyone for your help.
Please do not hijack other people's threads. Open your own. Your problem is not related to the original poster's.

That said, what are you using for playback? Multi-track audio DOES NOT PLAY BACK CONCURRENTLY. Think of it like the different language tracks on a DVD.
Play your video back in VLC (videolan.org) and right-click on the video during playback. You can switch between the audio tracks from the 'Audio' section.
I'm assuming this is your issue, as you do not have an audio track where both sources are selected, so you could hear both at the same time using that track, while having a discrete track for each source also. How I have it set up:
Mic: Track 1 and 2
Desktop: Track 1 and 3
If I want to hear both together, I use Track 1. If I want just the mic, that's on Track 2. Just desktop audio is on 3.

TenthCuppaJoe

Please do not hijack other people's threads. Open your own. Your problem is not related to the original poster's.

That said, what are you using for playback? Multi-track audio DOES NOT PLAY BACK CONCURRENTLY. Think of it like the different language tracks on a DVD.
Play your video back in VLC (videolan.org) and right-click on the video during playback. You can switch between the audio tracks from the 'Audio' section.
I'm assuming this is your issue, as you do not have an audio track where both sources are selected, so you could hear both at the same time using that track, while having a discrete track for each source also. How I have it set up:
Mic: Track 1 and 2
Desktop: Track 1 and 3
If I want to hear both together, I use Track 1. If I want just the mic, that's on Track 2. Just desktop audio is on 3.

Sorry - I thought it was related but will create a separate thread next time.

Aha - now I understand. I did not realize the tracks worked like that. Now I just need to find some video editing software that can handle multiple tracks. Thank you for explaining it to me.

FerretBomb

Sorry - I thought it was related but will create a separate thread next time.

Aha - now I understand. I did not realize the tracks worked like that. Now I just need to find some video editing software that can handle multiple tracks. Thank you for explaining it to me.
All good.

Sony Vegas regularly goes on deep discount on Humble Bundle, and DaVinci Resolve is free.
Do remember to record to MKV, not MP4 directly. Then Remux from MKV->MP4 from OBS' File menu, Remux Recordings.

Recording directly to MP4 is extremely unsafe, and video editing suites tend to hate the files OBS produces anyway.
They like Remuxed ones just fine though. :D