Audio Sync Offset Not Consistent

journeysikorsky

For audio we are using Focusrite 2i2 Audio Interface to capture audio output from an audio mixer with several wireless microphones, insturments, etc... For video we are using Amcrest IP cameras and funneling the RTSP feed into OBS. I am able to use the advanced audio properties to change the sync offset and make it perfect for the stream... The problem is that from week to week (or day to day) this sync offset changes dramatically. One week 7500ms is the perfect offset and the very next day 500ms is the perfect offset.

I can't seem to understand why the offset would change and is very frustrating.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

konsolenritter

7500ms?? :o

Sounds absolutely weird. Please can you post an obs log from a session with huge issue?

journeysikorsky

Hey sorry for the confusion, I'm acutally using Streamlabs OBS. I'm not sure it creates log files in the same way.

But the more I'm thinking about this, I have a feeling it's the RTSP stream that's inconsistent. Like it might become more and more delayed over time until it refreshes itself or something like that? For example... If I started a stream and aligned the audio and video perfectly I can't be sure that after 5 hours of streaming it would still be the same offset. But because we only go live for an hour at a time we never notice it. I say exactly how RTSP works or if there's any validity to my theory, just something I though of...

FerretBomb

That would make sense, with the RTSP stream being erratic.
We can't provide any support for SLOBS here though; SLOBS is not OBS, it's a derivative chopped-up version made from the OBS Studio source code. You'll need to contact Streamlabs for assistance with their version.