Question / Help Audio Sync Issues

kendorick

Ill just get straight to the point, after my recording my audio is out of sync.
I know about changing the sync offset within advanced audio properties which i have done and also set a video delay on my facecam to try and keep it all in sync with my elgato but it seems to randomly go out of sync and different times.
The sync is random as hell, sometimes it will be out of sync from the start which i can live with, other times it can be a random amount of time that has passed and it will just lose sync and this is without changing any settings. Very annoying when it comes to editing.
Does anyone know of a way i can fix this or is there a report i can run to check what i need to set the off sync to before i start.
I use Elgato Game Capture HD, Neewer NW-7000 Mic ran through Voicemeeter Banana into OBS and have 2 separate audio tracks 1 Mic 1 game sounds
Thanks in advance

log if needed: https://obsproject.com/logs/Hybw82M-xLF0asj9

Matthew Doudt

I have the same issue. I test and record in OBS and get my sync with the Elgato HD-S and everything is great and then in the middle of a livestream something shifts and the sync is off by quite a bit. Its on perfect and then its off. I'm wondering if its my Macbook Pro shifting into some sort of Overdrive where the processor works harder and that shifts the amount of sync delay. I'm running Mainstage, OBS & Facebook Live on the same computer and its doing fine but I'm wondering if at times the processor works at different speeds which changes sync time.

Have you figured out what it is yet? Please let me know if you've figured it out. I'll keep working on it too.

Are you using the Apple hardware encoder, Apple software encoder or X264? I'm using X264 because I've found I couldn't lock in sync with the hardware encoder.

Thanks, Matt

Rayjay57

Hi guys

Been suffering the same problems using Gopro HDMI output through Elgato HD60 and a USB mic direct to laptop. Found about 0.5sec delay was necessary on audio to account for processing time in Elgato. When I test record in OBS everything is fine, and streaming to FB is also fine - most of the time. About once in every half dozen broadcasts, the stream is out of sync start to finish and when I check, settings have not changed... It seems that OBS does not always apply the audio delay reliably - proven by grabbing a copy of the online video, then restoring the same delay as OBS setting using a video editor. Comes back into correct sync each time. Unless I am missing something (very possible!) I think OBS may have a minor bug that affects pickup of the audio delay figure each time software, or stream, is started. Anyone else seen this behaviour?

Wally44

Hi guys

Been suffering the same problems using Gopro HDMI output through Elgato HD60 and a USB mic direct to laptop. Found about 0.5sec delay was necessary on audio to account for processing time in Elgato. When I test record in OBS everything is fine, and streaming to FB is also fine - most of the time. About once in every half dozen broadcasts, the stream is out of sync start to finish and when I check, settings have not changed... It seems that OBS does not always apply the audio delay reliably - proven by grabbing a copy of the online video, then restoring the same delay as OBS setting using a video editor. Comes back into correct sync each time. Unless I am missing something (very possible!) I think OBS may have a minor bug that affects pickup of the audio delay figure each time software, or stream, is started. Anyone else seen this behaviour?
I'm seeing pretty much the same behavior. My video feed is RTSP from an AmCrest camera and my audio feed is simple mono output from our mixer/amplifier. The audio is ahead of the video by about 1300ms which is what I apply to the audio channel in OBS. I can get it synced but when I record again or stream it is out of sync by about 1 second. Still trying to find a way to operate that is reproducible.

aesct

Forward. :D