Audio suddenly going static-like half way into longer recordings

FishEyess

This is probably very obscure, but i've been recording some mc speedruns lately, and i've noticed that sometimes i will be getting very loud bass and static like audio. It feels hard to explain so there is a video attached: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ets5aYIpBas&feature=youtu.be
This usually occurs a hour or so into a multi hour recording, the audio is completely fine from what i can tell up until that point. I watched it back to try and pinpoint where the issue begins, from what i saw in my most recent recording is that i appeared to be tabbed out of the game, and the game looked like it was playing on extremely low fps when the issue began.
Most recent logs, but i doubt they'll be of much use
https://obsproject.com/logs/lt6HfvRVRJs4phgZ

AaronD

Are you using the Application or Game Captures? Those are newer than the "catch-all" Display, Screen, Window, Desktop, and Output Captures, and still have some bugs in them. The older ones are more reliable, but you have to do a better job of explicitly controlling what they get. They don't stay with the game; they catch everything that a specified hardware device does, or a specific window.

If you can dedicate a screen and sound card to the game, then I'd recommend the Display or Screen Capture, pointed to that screen, and a Desktop or Output Audio Capture, pointed to that sound card.

If you need to add a sound card to make that work, a dirt cheap USB one should do. You don't even have to wire it to anything, because the Desktop or Output Capture can grab it anyway...unless you want to hear it *without* the trip through OBS. Then you need to sit down, draw out your desired signal paths, and then figure out how to make that diagram happen.

---

These are some popular tools for Windows audio:

Loopback - virtual speaker feeds virtual mic, to connect two apps that normally don't talk to each other:

Software mixer with virtual devices - kinda like a physical console connected to several sound cards, but all in the same machine:
Same thing in two different sizes.