Bug Report Audio Stuttering

NorrinRadd22

The CoreAudio encoder is new to OBS in OBS MP. OBS Classic used a different audio encoder that we can no longer use, so we've added support for a few encoders that hopefully have comparable quality, as the default FFmpeg AAC encoder is pretty bad. Since you didn't have the CoreAudio encoder installed, it was attempting to use the Media Foundation AAC encoder instead. For some reason, on your system, that encoder seemed to be performing poorly. I'm not sure why, and I'll let the guy who wrote it know.

Having this problem now, which I think is mostly a result myself and others using production grade external audio interfaces. In my case a Steinberg UR242.

I recently ran in to trouble when I installed the latest version of OBS (after using the old one for close to 2.5 years). I recently got a second webcam and I wanted to test the two out together in the newest version of OBS. After installing it, I initially thought my second webcam was the problem. But curiously, now even using one webcam gives me the same problem. And I have since uninstalled my original version of OBS which did work.

I am curious what the old encoder was? trouble shooting this has meant I have to read a bunch of audio stuff, and video stuff, separately, and try to find common ground to suss out the solution. This old encoder sounds like it might be the first bit of actual quotable common ground.