Audio source dependant on scenes

eXec

There are several ways of excluding audio on your stream, however to my knowledge there is no real way to exclude certain audio on a certain scene except for using an external mixer trying to loop around the sound.

What I'm basically looking for;

Scene 1: Game sounds, mic and VOIP.
Scene 2, which is my pause screen: Music only, while I'm still able to hear my teammates on VOIP.

I've been trying to get a work-around using VAC, but it causes horrible sound lag on the games I play. And especially in CS:GO, it's a pain in the ass.
I've also tried using the "default soundcard" option within the OBS settings and then changing the default sound output on W7 from my USB headset to my other soundcard and back. It seemed to work, but suddenly stopped working so I wasn't able to use that workaround anymore.

I would love to have a feature to make the sound output dependent on the scene you're using.

Hellser

Not a bad idea. Since if you're on a one-audio setup (like most of us are!), it's either we mute our sound completely, and leave nothing for our viewers.. or have music playing - but still be able to hear our other sounds (such as Teamspeak).

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
Thats actually very simple.

For example if you can split your front and back audio ports and have a stereomix:
Front Audio Port (Headset connected) -> Default playback device, receives Game and VoIP.
Back Port (Nothing, or speakers connected) -> Music player has to use this device
Now in OBS you select your Front Audio Port as desktop sound and your Microphone as the Auxillary device. You will also need this plugin: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2579
In Scene2 you mute both your Mic and Desktop audio and add a DirectShowAudio Source using your stereomix. Set its output to stream only! This will add the music to your second scene.

OBS will also save the mute settings scene dependant for you if you activate the "Per-Scene Volume Plugin".
And you are done!

eXec

I already have that plugin installed and have tried to work with it, however with no success. I've tried to select a soundcard in OBS that isn't being used and then separately add the sounds to the scenes using this plugin. OBS just gave me an error that there was no sound. So that didn't work out either.

I don't know if I understood your statement right, but when I mute the sound completely in OBS, this plugin overrides that and still plays the sound which is played on the output selected with this plugin? I never came up with such an idea though, so I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

Then I'll need to find a way on how to loop the sound from Chrome (Using Grooveshark in Chrome for my music) to my speakers, while leaving everything else as it is. Otherwise I might set-up a shoutcast server on my home and get the music passed trough Winamp or something. But then I'll have a hard time trying to fix and sync up the "Now playing" text.

The thing is that I can't set a specific audio device in CS:GO as it always uses the default sound. The last sentences isn't something that OBS can fix I guess. However, I might get some idea's from here on how to fix that.

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
You can only use recording devices with the DShow Plugin, thats why I mentioned to use the backport and your stereomix. The stereomix can be selected and will work. But you wont be able to route sound from Chrome to anything else than the default device. Using an external musicplayer like winamp or foobar is definitely preferable for what you want to achieve :)

eXec

I've been trying to get a work-around with Spotify, as I got my premium back up again. With a plugin for Spotify I managed to use another output for Spotify. So, currently I've got the following set-up;

Spotify to use my Speakers (on my on-board soundcard, realtek high definition) and the rest to use my default device, which would be my USB Headset. Installed the plugin suggested earlier and set it up properly, but somehow the music is simply not coming trough on the stream. > http://imgur.com/yy2nqx4

I can hear the music myself coming trough the speakers. Even if I mute the default device or not, the music is simply not coming trough the stream. So I guess it's not gonna work for me, unless the scene dependant sound output is coming to OBS by default I guess.