Question / Help Audio Randomly Stops During Stream

TheSWF

Hi All! I'll be streaming and then boom, all audio cuts out and I have no clue until a viewer tells me. OBS registers all of the sound as the little meters are still moving accordingly. What are some settings I should look into?

Sorry, can't upload a log file right now as I am mobile.

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
Please provide a session log from when this happens, it's the only way to track down the cause.

LudaLuke

Literally this, its ever since I upgraded to the most recent version of OBS (24.0.3 from 23.1), any long streams seem to just randomly stop audio after a while unannouced, and all audio meters seem to display audio being picked up and transmitted via NDI from my Games PC to the Stream PC fine. Please see I've attached both the logs from both games and stream pc, any help is much appreciated!
Been driving me nuts because the ONLY way I seem to be able to then stream again with the audio working properly is to reinstall OBS and or NDI, which as you can imagine, midstream...isn't ideal! (especially with restarts)

Attachments

• 2020-01-06 18-11-33 (Game PC).txt
    36.3 KB · Views: 157
  • 2020-01-06 18-15-26 (Stream PC).txt
    21.1 KB · Views: 46

Narcogen

Stream PC log shows very high audio buffering indicating a problem with an audio source or general CPU overload:

18:28:24.647: adding 85 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 85 milliseconds (source: OBS - Doragon)
18:28:24.899: adding 213 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 298 milliseconds (source: OBS - Doragon)
18:28:25.004: adding 85 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 384 milliseconds (source: OBS - Doragon)
19:25:19.394: adding 576 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 960 milliseconds (source: OBS - Doragon)

Something is causing your NDI stream from the other PC to lag-- either that machine's CPU is too overloaded to encode the stream, the stream PC's CPU is too loaded to decode it, or the network is having trouble transmitting it.

Browser plugin shows multiple errors attempting to load pages from StreamElements.

22:06:14.625: obs-browser: Uncaught (in promise) NotSupportedError: Failed to load because no supported source was found. (source: https://streamelements.com/overlay/5aa41ce366951a00018325da/owjwLXSN6NF9UhVxUrEp:0)
22:06:14.898: obs-browser: Uncaught (in promise) NotSupportedError: The element has no supported sources. (source: https://streamelements.com/overlay/scripts/app-6b799f1140.js:59)

LudaLuke

Oh the stream elements browser plugin is the elements of the overlay failing to load, it’s not the stream pc that’s always been an issue and I have to click off and click back on different overlays to get it to load usually. Thing is the previous version of NDI was randomly lagging out at intervals so by the end of day an 8 hour stream the audio would be several seconds behind. The version prior to that had no issue, and in that time neither system has changed at all. In terms of encode overload I’ll try dropping the resolution down a touch but I’ve previously (6-7 months ago on a prior version) had no problem whatsoever with audio desync or audio randomly cutting out.

TheSWF

Has this helped out at all?

In terms of encode overload I’ll try dropping the resolution down a touch but I’ve previously (6-7 months ago on a prior version) had no problem whatsoever with audio desync or audio randomly cutting out.

LudaLuke

It didn't unfortunately no, as a work around I've been using Voice Meeter Banana (I have a complex setup and getting all the audio to work how I wanted it took a while - as well as removing the latency involved with using it) via a decent audio cable and muting the audio off of NDI, it appears my gaming pc is whats dropping the frames, but I can't understand why previous versions of NDI didn't do this or keep adding audio delay, I'd rather it just dropped frames and synced correctly even if it froze for a few seconds. Its unfortunate because I'm just going to pick up a cap card at the end of the month which'll solve all the problems, but I've been a big fan of the NDI plugin, I'm about to try the scan convertor thing from NDI themselves to see if thats any better

TheSWF

I use an elgato capture card and this audio randomly stopping thing is driving me insane. I was fine when I streamed directly from console but once I switched over to cap card, mic and OBS... It's all been downhill.

michaelc

Anyone manage to resolve this? Happened to me at least twice yesterday. Nothing worth noting in my logs either. Just a horrible day of issues.

moey_c

i'm having similar audio drop issues at roughly the 30 min mark, and buffering multiple times before dropping is also what's in my logs. two are attached. i disabled the mic/aux after the 12/12 log (it has always been muted anyway) since that seemed to be associated with the buffering, but the info in the 12/16 log associates the buffering with the audio input capture (aka the source of the sound!) so i obviously can't disable that. what are some ways to address the buffering issue?

Attachments

• OBS log file 2020-12-16 17-47-21.txt
    19.2 KB · Views: 48
  • OBS log file 2020-12-12 19-00-56.txt
    20.5 KB · Views: 26

AshDarko

i've notcied my alert sounds and mic can sometimes just stop working, even tho they show in the audio meters. I have to restart voicemeeter, and switch my mic source in nvidia broadcast to another and back to mic, then i have to manually go to the audio properties in OBS, and change them to audio monitoring off, and then back again to monitor and output