Question / Help Audio issues with PS4 --> PC stream setup

oggreenranger69

Hi all, thanks for the help!!

I stream ps4 games with my dedicated streaming PC using an Elgato HD60s capture card and the Astro TR mixamp.

I had a bad buzzing sound issue, which I fixed with a ground loop isolator into the 3.5mm jack of the Elgato HD60s.

Now I have a new sound issue, another constant high pitch sound, through troubleshooting I was able to isolate the sound to the 3.5mm jack from the Elgato HD60s.

So I found someone online who fixed this issue by using an external sound card and plugging the 3.5mm 'stream' cord into the external sound card as an audio source instead of using the 3.5mm jack on the Elgato HD60s.

I have a SoundBlaster 2 usb sound card so I plugged my 'stream' line from my mixamp (with the PS4 audio) into the SoundBlaster and added the SoundBlaster to my scene in OBS as an 'Audio Input Capture'.

The issue is that the 'Audio Input Capture' that I added with my SoundBlaster 2 is not picking up any audio from my ps4 and putting it into my stream. (its just an audio input capture source that does nothing)

How can I fix this? ( I've been trying to fix this for a whole day and im going insane)

Thank you for the help!!!!