Audio issues when recording Browser Sources

Dwight1

Problem description
When recording Browser audio sources (with audio managed by OBS), the resulting audio comes out distorted (there is a general underlying cracking and voices are distorted (there could be echo or "helium" effect, its random).
The first few seconds of the recording are fine (this is random, sometimes its like 10 seconds, other times a minute..) then the issue begins.

I triple checked every device is set to 48000hz (even tho Im not sure this is related to OBS controlled browser audio sources).
Also, if I try to monitor the audio while the recording is running, the audio I hear is fine.

This is a brand new machine, I never had this issue in my previous PC (infact I tried yesterday on the same sources (twitch or youtube) and it worked perfectly.
I tried different versions of OBS (including the 12.1 AND the old one (the same I have on the other PC))
I tried to make a new profile\reset settings.
I tried with\without Voicemeeter installed, with just the Realtek audio drivers from my motherboard support page.

Specs
Win 11 pro
Intel i7 12700k
MSI Z690 Edge DDR4

Limited testing on this, but if I run OBS as admin, the issue seems to get fixed. (tried this as I was writing the thread...)
What could cause this that admin rights could "fix" ?

LOG (without admin rights, audio is distorted in the output video file) : https://obsproject.com/logs/j661srAk4bpr8zNf

Thanks

deFrisselle

Running OBS as Admin gives it a special priority and reserved system resources Basically, it gets access to what it needs when it needs it without other programs taking those resources

Dwight1

Running OBS as Admin gives it a special priority and reserved system resources Basically, it gets access to what it needs when it needs it without other programs taking those resources
The thing is my old machine (10 years old hardware) doesnt have any problem even without admin rights.

In this new pc, while testing I had just OBS running, nothing else. Also, cpu temps are really low, theres no sign of high resources usage