Question / Help Audio gets out of sync

aesct

one can try to see if it's a receiver (viewer) play out buffer latency.

while watching your own live stream, refresh the page after you notice a video delay (most likely).
if a/v go back in sync, then you have nothing to worry about.
actually, there is nothing you need to fix and you can do nothing to fix.
ref: https://flylib.com/books/en/4.245.1.56/1/

i believe timestamp stuff (including DTS/PTS) are carefully handled by OBS and one can safely assume, all packets arrive at viewer have correct timing information.

duchat

I'm having a similar problem, except that video/audio are in sync during broadcast streaming, but recordings made of the stream using OBS's recording feature (.mov file at same stream rate 2500mbps as broadcast stream) are out of sync, and drift further and further out over the duration of the file. Any thoughts?

wanderlust

I'm having a similar problem, except that video/audio are in sync during broadcast streaming, but recordings made of the stream using OBS's recording feature (.mov file at same stream rate 2500mbps as broadcast stream) are out of sync, and drift further and further out over the duration of the file. Any thoughts?
I’m having the exact same problem for recordings of livestreams. Audio drift makes OBS unusable to record files over a few mins in length. Issue happens both for my Mac computers and my PCs; hardware configuration doesn’t seem to affect it (processor speed, RAM, video card, etc.).

Hedgehog125

Any progress on this? My audio from my capture card goes out of sync with the video after only about 10 minutes. Using the latest version on windows

I think it's linked to hardware encoders though because it doesn't drift if I set it to software mode. (although it sometimes lags which can cause it to go out of sync and it's far from ideal)