Audio Dropping for Macbook Pro 2020

Russ Zacek

Hello Friends -

I am new to this forum and hope it can help. I am running OBS on a new Macbook Pro with Catalina OS 10.15.6 2GHz quad core intel i5 with 16 GB Memory. I am running audio from AZDEN SGM 2x mic through Focusrite Itrack Solo USB Audio interface. I am streaming and/or uploading recorded video to facebook using my wifi adapter.

I am noticing that every few seconds, the audio drops out. Is there anything I can adjust to help the audio be consistent and not drop out? Would audio bitrate help? It is at 128. The audio drop is also happening when I am recording to my hard drive, so I don't believe it is related to wifi.

Thanks

Last edited:

hagure

Just chiming in that I was on MBP 15" 2017 16GB RAM w/ High Sierra 10.13.6 & also used a Focusrite 4i interface (latest version). Had a very similar issue where audio would drop out at regular intervals. A restart and some plugging/unplugging fixed it; I believe this could be a focusrite issue, not obs (It was happening in Discord for me).

Russ Zacek

Just chiming in that I was on MBP 15" 2017 16GB RAM w/ High Sierra 10.13.6 & also used a Focusrite 4i interface (latest version). Had a very similar issue where audio would drop out at regular intervals. A restart and some plugging/unplugging fixed it; I believe this could be a focusrite issue, not obs (It was happening in Discord for me).
Thank you! I will give this a try.