Question / Help Audio Dropouts on local recordings / Youtube livestreams

Timmy B

Hello. I am using a 2 computer set up to stream and record myself playing guitar and singing. I have been experiencing intermittent and irregularly spaced audio dropouts. The file in question is /Users/kirbango/Music/Timmy B/Livestreams/2018-10-08 15-14-00.mov and appears at the end of the attached log. (this is my 1st time dealing with log files...)

Computer 1 (2008 iMac): Runs / records my audio with a Presonus Firepod and Garageband. I haven't experienced any audio dropouts on these recordings in Garageband.

Computer 2 (2011 MacBook Pro): Runs OBS 22.0.3 using a Logitech 920 webcam for video and a Presonus Firebox (firewire interface) for piping audio from the Firepod to Computer 2.

I run the audio from the main analog outputs on the Firepod (connected to Computer 1) to the inputs on the Firebox, and then via firewire to Computer 2 for OBS encoding. The audio dropouts appear both on the audio in the local OBS recording on Computer 2 and on the version saved by Youtube. The audio recorded simultaneously in Garageband on Computer 1 never has any dropouts. Other than the occasional audio dropout, I don't seem to have any problems with the OBS audio or video. Any help is greatly appreciated! I hope my description makes sense. Thanks!

Timmy B

Attachments

• 2018-10-08 13-15-50.txt
    25.4 KB · Views: 27

Timmy B

The problem reoccured in my latest stream. It is only occurring on averaged once per streaming session. Attached is the new logfile. Could the audio dropouts have something to do with this?:

"14:12:07.226: adding 23 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 116 milliseconds"

Many thanks!

Attachments

• 2018-10-09 13-49-40.txt
    10.5 KB · Views: 27

Timmy B

Wayne, thanks for the reply.
Are you referring to either the "Use Custom Buffer Size" or "Enable Replay Buffer" boxes in the Output section of the Settings? If so, I already have both unchecked. If you were referring to another box, then could you please tell me where I could find it? Thanks!!

gustavoloebel

Hey guys I resolved my issue by unchecking the "Use Device TimeStamp" option in the properties of the audio input. Finally!