Audio distortion after long stream

jyo

Has anyone experienced audio distortion issue after streaming over 45 minutes? Audio feed comes in from Behringer mixer > Canon X11a cam (HDMI > BlackMagic 3G Recorder > USB-C > MacBook Pro 2019 macOS Monterey 12.x). Confirmed no audio issue at the cam headphone jack when distortion is heard from laptop headset monitor. The distortion started very little and infrequent after 40+ minutes and it gradually became more severe. In about 15 minutes the sound was fully distorted. Audio is speech feed from sound board. Cam and OBS db meter is within safe range (green/yellow) the whole time whether the sound is clean/distorted. Distortion appears in both OBS local recording and streaming. I have yet to try recording audio from another Mac app to confirm the feed is still clean from BM 3G Recorder before entering the laptop. Any help is appreciated.

Kodyantiadel

I’ve had the exact same problem with my church live stream the last two weeks. Right around 35-40 minutes it distorts and slowly gets worse til you can’t hear anything.

jyo

I’ve had the exact same problem with my church live stream the last two weeks. Right around 35-40 minutes it distorts and slowly gets worse til you can’t hear anything.

How do you feed sound to OBS? For example, direct into 3.5mm, or through an external device to USB like mine, etc?