Question / Help Audio DeSync - OBS // OBS LINK (NDI) // HD60 S

tanamibloom

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out why I'm having an audio desync issue in OBS (with OBS LINK - NDI Source, and HD60 S).
I uploaded a log file just to be safe. Below are the tools I'm currently using:

Streaming Computer: Mac Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015 // 4 GHz Intel Core i7 // 20 GB 1867 MHz DDR3 // AMD Radeon R9 M395 2 GB // OS 10.14.6
-OBS: 23.2.1 + OBS Link (NDI Plugin)
-Focusrite Saffire Pro 40: Only for the microphone since it is XLR
-Streaming Service: Twitch
-External Capture Card: Elgato HD60 S (I always send the game play audio via HDMI)

Gaming Computer: MacBook Pro Retina 15in, Mid 2015 // Processor 2.2GHz Intel Core i7 // 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3 // Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

I simply stream video games with no webcam. I run games on my laptop and send them to my desktop through the HD60 S, and I run the Audio/Video via HDMI. I run a mic directly into OBS via an audio interface.

At this point, I have checked literally all of the settings that I could check such as Audio/Video Bitrate, Audio Sample Rate in the OBS Audio Settings.

For the NDI Link Source in OBS, I've tried Internal, Source Timing, and Network in the "Sync" options. I left the latency settings alone. No luck.

I've watched many YouTube videos as well but nothing specifically talks about how to fix the NDI/HD60 S/etc delay for Mac and not Windows.

Also, I get that Mac isn't typically used for gaming. I'm just using what I have on hand, and I don't need to change the setup. I just wish there was a simple fix for getting the audio to sync with the video. What I don't understand is how can Audio/Video fall out of sync when I'm running it via HDMI together. My ports are USB 3.0 as well on my computer, and I'm not even streaming at 1080p at that.

I hope this is enough information to get a hand with this, I'm new to streaming and don't understand the inner complexities of OBS on Mac. Well, I do but I just understand the audio Desync and why it occurs.

Attachments

• 2019-10-10 21-46-25.txt
    8.4 KB · Views: 73

Narcogen

You almost certainly need to address this to Elgato. The most likely cause is that OBS is getting an NDI feed with desynced audio from OBS Link.

If not, then it may be an issue with the NDI plugin itself.

You can probably determine which is the case by viewing the feed directly from OBS Link in an NDI monitor program:

NDI Monitor on the Mac App Store - Applehttps://apps.apple.com › app › ndi-monitor

If the feed there stays in sync, but in OBS it doesn't, then the fault may be the NDI plugin.

If the monitor shows the same desync you see in OBS, then the problem is the OBS Link software from Elgato.

tanamibloom

You almost certainly need to address this to Elgato. The most likely cause is that OBS is getting an NDI feed with desynced audio from OBS Link.

If not, then it may be an issue with the NDI plugin itself.

You can probably determine which is the case by viewing the feed directly from OBS Link in an NDI monitor program:

NDI Monitor on the Mac App Store - Applehttps://apps.apple.com › app › ndi-monitor

If the feed there stays in sync, but in OBS it doesn't, then the fault may be the NDI plugin.

If the monitor shows the same desync you see in OBS, then the problem is the OBS Link software from Elgato.

Thanks for getting back to me, this helps a lot. Next chance I get I’ll diagnose this issue, then escalate the problem depending on the outcome

LilKitten

Make sure both your cables are Ultra Highspeed HDMI cables. Sorry for the 2 years late response. Had the exact same problem.