Audio delay only in listening to OBS

yanns

Hi,

My issue:
I'm using OBS on Linux (Ubuntu 20.04).
I set up my audio by adding an audio capture with pulse audio. This audio source is then set into "monitoring and output".
I've disabled all other audio sources.

When I record a video, the sound in the video is in sync. No issues here.
But the sound of OBS itself is delayed on the computer.
When I start OBS, the sound of the application is in sync with the preview. And progressively the sound is more and more delayed.

Is it a delay in the sound preview? Is it an issue with pulseaudio?
Any hints appreciated.

thedoge

Hi,

My issue:
I'm using OBS on Linux (Ubuntu 20.04).
I set up my audio by adding an audio capture with pulse audio. This audio source is then set into "monitoring and output".
I've disabled all other audio sources.

When I record a video, the sound in the video is in sync. No issues here.
But the sound of OBS itself is delayed on the computer.
When I start OBS, the sound of the application is in sync with the preview. And progressively the sound is more and more delayed.

Is it a delay in the sound preview? Is it an issue with pulseaudio?
Any hints appreciated.
Okay, so first screenshot all your settings (VIDEO) and (OUTPUT, recording and stream) and then you go to file show setting folder, and then ''X'' Obs, delete all the files shown in the setting folder, after that. Open OBS and just do anything with what OBS asks you, what obs recommends you is good. But if you like your own settings better then just accept all the obs settings after that, click settings then add the settings you added before, then record and try to fix it. If it still won't work then just reply to me, or just reply if there is anything much more wrong with your audio.

yanns

I've delete the OBS configuration and went again through the tutorial.
The issue persists:
- the sound is great in the videos
- but if I want to hear the sound live (by switching from "monitoring out" to "monitoring and output", then the sound output by OBS is step by step more & more delayed.
With the current situation, I can record videos if I remove the monitoring of the audio input.
It's ok, but not optimal.