Question / Help Audio cuts out while interacting with second monitor

Social241

While I'm streaming through twitch or even recording I have obs to capture my main monitor and all of its audio. But while interacting with my secondary monitor obs will not capture the audio from my main monitor but will maintain the visuals. So my question is is there a way to dedicate the audio to my main monitor?

Narcogen

Are you saying that when you switch applications, you can still hear the audio from the application you are capturing, but OBS is not capturing it? Having trouble understanding precisely what the situation is.

Social241

Are you saying that when you switch applications, you can still hear the audio from the application you are capturing, but OBS is not capturing it? Having trouble understanding precisely what the situation is.
No I use the same computer and tower to play games and also to stream I have a dual monitor setup and I'll have my game on the main monitor and OBS and TWITCH on the second monitor to oversee my stream and interact with them or other third party applications such as discord. And when I do so it doesn't necessarily "cut" off the audio but dampens it to a point where it is hardly audible. And I want it not to do that so can i dedicate the audio captured to my main monitor only without this effect taking place?

Narcogen

Audio doesn't care about monitors. You can't tell OBS to capture audio only from one audio, because Windows does not associate audio with monitors.

You're probably capturing your default audio device, which means you're capturing everything Windows produces.

If you're using Voicemeeter or Virtual Audio Cables, you may have one or more virtual audio devices, so you can capture specific applications, or avoid capturing audio from certain applications (skype, other chat apps, etc).

If changing the active application (in order to interact with OBS) affects your audio, that's likely a function of how the app you are capturing works, or because Windows is set to change audio settings based on some other preference.

This might help track down what it is:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-manage-sound-settings-windows-10-april-2018-update